Sub Bass and Bass

equilibrium

VIP Junglist
So i was walking back from the grocery with my bottle of whiskey.. thinking about a tune I made yesterday and tried to figure how to form this question.

basically how do you setup your bass with a sub and a mid, cause if theres modulation it might be difficult to get them to go together, and if you cut the low out of a gnarly bass then sometimes it lacks that weight. then theres usually a smooth sub going throughout the track, how do you balance the sub with the heavier bass.

fuck, if that explained what i was thinking. I'm a bit pissed. cheers.

So i was walking back from the grocery with my bottle of whiskey.. thinking about a tune I made yesterday and tried to figure how to form this question.

basically how do you setup your bass with a sub and a mid, cause if theres modulation it might be difficult to get them to go together, and if you cut the low out of a gnarly bass then sometimes it lacks that weight. then theres usually a smooth sub going throughout the track, how do you balance the sub with the heavier bass.

fuck, if that explained what i was thinking. I'm a bit pissed. cheers.

Dude I have the same issue. I've been twiddling with the bass in my track all day and it's fucking pissing me off cause I can't get it to gel with the rest of the track. Plus I can't even hear the sub, but can in all these other reference tracks I'm listening to. And yes it's hitting in the same freq range. FML.

1*:Use the same midi partiture, that you use for the modulated reece, to play another synth with a simple sine sub.
2*:If you r working with resampled reece, duplicate the track with the gnarly bass when the arrangement is finished and use EQ to create a sub from the copy of the GNA-GNA-GWA bass, by cutting above 80hz and below 30hz. Excite the 50hz and around.
so you ripp off the sub from the squelchy bass and keep the same modulations.

1*:Use the same midi partiture, that you use for the modulated reece, to play another synth with a simple sine sub.
2*:If you r working with resampled reece, duplicate the track with the gnarly bass when the arrangement is finished and use EQ to create a sub from the copy of the GNA-GNA-GWA bass, by cutting above 80hz and below 30hz. Excite the 50hz and around.

I'm not making Neurofunk.

Dude, for me you can make whatever you want... even country music.
That's none of my business nor my interest.
But seems that you have not experience at all in any discipline of electronic music, as I can see from your constant asking advice from this forum about A till Z...

Therefore, my advice is to listen and take as many good suggestions, tips and tricks from other user that they produce many different styles since many years and in different situations...
Music technology doesn't have a style!
You gotta study some physic acoustic as well, if you really want to understand WHAT u r actually doing!
Otherwise... just stick to your posts asking advices... but at least, be thankfull to who spend even 2 minutes reading to your questions and decide to share some personal experiences.

I don't see you giving much contribution...
Thanks

Jesus man, listen to wat Rajstah Vibe said, as he's completely right. I'd even go further and modify the copy of your bass towards a clean sub with only the same modulations so it becomes a clean sub still following the movement of your mid/high bassline.
You're all over this forum asking for advice about every bit of production, yet you don't seem to accept the best pieces of advice you get -_^

what they said....... no matter what genre you make, if you dont eq out bits of your 2 bass's theyl never work together

Exactly this!

And @ Alaska.........you're starting to piss everyone off now, I'd suggest winding your neck in....or finding another forum to annoy

I'm first to admit i don't know what I'm doing, but i came across the same problem last night, great advice rajstah, ill get to it!
..oh and I'm making liquid(trying to).

Big up mate. Apologize if I offended you by the 'neurofunk' comment. Was having a shit day. You're saying duplicate the track with the reese bass + modulation/lfo, and just cut above 80hz and below 30hz? I assume this gets rid of the mud? What do you mean by exciting the 50 hz and around exactly? Also do I play the sub at the same or lower octave.

I'm trying to get a deep modulated sub like his at :56. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big up mate. Apologize if I offended you by the 'neurofunk' comment. Was having a shit day. You're saying duplicate the track with the reese bass + modulation/lfo, and just cut above 80hz and below 30hz? I assume this gets rid of the mud? What do you mean by exciting the 50 hz and around exactly? Also do I play the sub at the same or lower octave.

I'm trying to get a deep modulated sub like his at :56. Cheers.

Ok, listen to this:

I made it by playing a simple sine wave on a synth with this notes:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It toke me 5 minutes to find out this, resample it, make a picture, upload it and post it here...

Last edited by a moderator:
no dude, I have no time for this.
But you can.

Do as I did and start working on it...
I gave you the input. And that's enough.

no dude, I have no time for this.
But you can.

Do as I did and start working on it...
I gave you the input. And that's enough.

Okay cheers mate, finally got a decent sub. Now how would I go about making the GNA-GNA-GWA fit nicely with the sub? Cheers.

i usually just save the main sound within the preset bank and then open another instant of the synth....

on a new midi channel, load up the synth, load up the preset you've just saved and copy and paste the note pattern...

leave all modulation and just change the osc's to a sine wave and change any filters to low pass 24bit and tinker until you get the right rumble (this may inc fine tuning to be in total harmonics with your mid bass)

Back
Top Bottom