stylus?

technic1210

''VINYL VINYL VINYL''
VIP Junglist
i need some new ones i think .ive never ever changed or baught any as i havn't needed to even tho im on my decks all the time. i noticed that the needles have shortened so much that the plastic casing is nearly on the record.i have standard technics headshells and stanton 5o5 yellow stylus.am i rite in assuming i dont need to replace the cartridge and headshell and just need the stylus and what other stylus are good for clear sound that will mount to my technics headshell etc

Yea, you would probably only need to replace the stylus.
Problem is, I don't think you're going to have much luck finding one... Those carts aren't sold anywhere anymore, so you might want to look at getting some new carts...

Last edited:
Nah not the headshells, Technics headshell are still sold, but you shouldn't ever need to replace the headshell, Im talking about the carts, Stanton 505 yellows (I think i've got an old pair but they're broke) aren't sold anymore, so I don't think they sell a replacement stylus.

o rite yeah there still available just saw them on htfr website i rang em too i was advised to change my catridge's as well as i had them for 5 years,stupid really as latly i been wondering why my records have been sounding muffled etc then thaught i must need new ones. he recomended the new stanton diablo;sbut i dont no.i need more opinions from ppl what they got use etc

o rite yeah there still available just saw them on htfr website i rang em too i was advised to change my catridge's as well as i had them for 5 years,stupid really as latly i been wondering why my records have been sounding muffled etc then thaught i must need new ones. he recomended the new stanton diablo;sbut i dont no.i need more opinions from ppl what they got use etc

I was gonna buy myself a pair of these, but decided to get Ortofon Concorde Pro S. It all depends on your budget really, I'd say that the diablo's are a good option if your not wanting to spend too much.

just had a look at those concore pro's ortofon i like em want em in black witch they have on chemical records but not as a pair where can i buy em as a pair in black

I can't say that i've tried scratching with them, but they seem to stay in the groove quite well. Put it this way, they'll hold much better that you're stanton 505's. If you're specifically looking for scratching needles, I know Ortofon do special scratch sets, quite expensive though...

Back
Top Bottom