styles of mcin , oppions on all style .

12 inch grinch

VIP Junglist
well.im personally like all styles of mcin but ive listend to a couple of sets etc with mc putting on accsents and voices on the mic which blaitenly doesnt reprezent there background or origion what are your views on this if im comming across makeing sense from what im saying.my view a mc should be real from where they come from and what they do for exsample if i spoke like a jamacan when im from portsmouth doesnt seem right .or rappin in a american accsent when your from the uk .
does this get on anyone elses nerves ?

and lets not have this thread turn into a crazed mc cussin thread just standard oppions please.:rolleyes:

12 inch grinch said:
well.im personally like all styles of mcin but ive listend to a couple of sets etc with mc putting on accsents and voices on the mic which blaitenly doesnt reprezent there background or origion what are your views on this if im comming across makeing sense from what im saying.my view a mc should be real from where they come from and what they do for exsample if i spoke like a jamacan when im from portsmouth doesnt seem right .or rappin in a american accsent when your from the uk .
does this get on anyone elses nerves ?

and lets not have this thread turn into a crazed mc cussin thread just standard oppions please.:rolleyes:

I do find the whole British MC pretending to be American thing annoying, especially that Eurovision guy who sounds like he is from Brooklyn when he is from Luton or something!!!
Its true that some people have an expectation in their heads that rapping/mcing etc is american due to the large amount of US rap etc and therefore they think it sounds weird with an english accent but i think an English accent is raw as f**k, just listen to Task Force, Skinny or The Foreign Beggars!!!
As for D+B i think (for the same reason above) that we are conditioned to hear either jamaican or english accents therefore any other accent sounds weird ( iheard some German MC's an they were good an all it just sounded well wrong.

i agree with you fozzy i heard a german mc saying he want s to lick someone from theere eyeball to there shin and i think he meant head to toe. anyway on english mcs thinking they are jamiacan a prime example locally is an mc from a scenic, historic city like chichester where the grass is greener and he talks with patwa so dark that even the most darkest yardie bludclot like myself couldnt understand him , it just seems foolish coming from a litle whiteboy ,before the race rows start im half jamaican and got real dreads and im allowed to chat yard because im from the dogpounds of jamaica. ya heard me tings gun get ireee in this tred sweeeeeen:tank:

Last edited:
Dj_Fozzybear said:
I do find the whole British MC pretending to be American thing annoying, especially that Eurovision guy who sounds like he is from Brooklyn when he is from Luton or something!!!
Its true that some people have an expectation in their heads that rapping/mcing etc is american due to the large amount of US rap etc and therefore they think it sounds weird with an english accent but i think an English accent is raw as f**k, just listen to Task Force, Skinny or The Foreign Beggars!!!
As for D+B i think (for the same reason above) that we are conditioned to hear either jamaican or english accents therefore any other accent sounds weird ( iheard some German MC's an they were good an all it just sounded well wrong.
true mate british rappin is raw indeed there loads of accsents in england ive not herd that german mcin but i can imagen in germany it sounds pretty sweet!

k-tipper said:
i agree with you fozzy i heard a german mc saying he want s to lick someone from theere eyeball to there shin and i think he meant head to toe. anyway on english mcs thinking they are jamiacan a prime example locally is an mc from a scenic, historic city like chichester where the grass is greener and he talks with patwa so dark that even the most darkest yardie bludclot like myself couldnt understand him , it just seems foolish coming from a litle whiteboy ,before the race rows start im half jamaican and got real dreads and im allowed to chat yard because im from the dogpounds of jamaica. ya heard me tings gun get ireee in this tred sweeeeeen:tank:
hahahahaha bumbawahh.

MC Presha used to put on a different voice when he started gettin big, ive noticed that lately hes stopped doin it and sounds a lot better for it. Ive never heard a german MC, but I heard hollands number 1 and he sounded good.

k-tipper said:
your right ya no flak = complete wannabe just the type that shine for a year then flopp because the seen relises that immatation and fakeness is just one big flop so.im hear to mc and have a laugh maybe get some cash along theway but !mate u aint never gona get a salary from pretending gangster i aint from round these ends bullshit my yooot black twang bizzle im real with real south coast lingo slang words whatever, u just a sean paul straight outa chichester come on u think u can bad mouth every other mc/dj in the south apart from freestyle and get away with it .hahaha u are very silly! what come around goes around and my frend u will get put down a peg or two .rahhhh! this reply is for those who are in the no about sertain things . ignor if not relevent

Seriously dont copy other accents or styles just make your own chats with your own words and shit.

In a rave most people aint really bothered if what ure saying even makes sense. So long as u can ride the rhythem well, keep it hype, know what your selektah's doing and when to shut up then it's allllllll good

edit: I wanna hear a West Country or Welsh MC hahahah :D

k-tipper said:
GOLDIE LOOKIN CHAIN, gangsta business

yeah was gonna mention them, it'd be fun to hear over dnb though.
guns dont kill people, rappers do y'see

mISHKA said:
Musta read my mind ( a short read) but was reading down this thread and...
Caaal for the reawinde...weyre raiving on our combvine harvisterrrr.....oohh arrr alll the farrmiing masssive ....whoo ha

MCs are scum. It really pisses me off when they just chat shit over decent tracks.

It's not like hip-hop MCs that have meaning to thier words.

IF YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHIN TO SAY, WHY AREN'T YOU A MOTHERFUCKIN DJ?!

*ahem* sorry, I got a bit carried away.

The only MCin that I like is MC Jakes, with the dark shit, death screams, etc.

k-tipper said:

if u dun like the yank sounding mcs dun listen to em.. i no some of them.. would still listen to them if sum0ne was playing em.. i tink with mcs when they get.. boring with the same lyrix but they turn out to b party lyrix......... so its all g00d sumtimes..

ive grown up with different styles.. herd most of em give it grime or dnb..

all the mcs have been rand for time..dun alot of raves.. spat everyting there is to spit about over a span of 10 years or more,, they all still goin so big up !

leann :shit_happ

mISHKA said:
Seriously dont copy other accents or styles just make your own chats with your own words and shit.

In a rave most people aint really bothered if what ure saying even makes sense. So long as u can ride the rhythem well, keep it hype, know what your selektah's doing and when to shut up then it's allllllll good

mc chico from wales used to do suncity tapes..cardiff
lol

Back
Top Bottom