Style Change

Of course the UKF peanut gallery say he’s so original :lol:

Even worse is that somehow that was ripped off by Dimension
haha you heard that one as well?

Amazing, really. It's like a competition, who can rip off a track the most blatantly.

Of course the UKF peanut gallery say he’s so original :lol:

Even worse is that somehow that was ripped off by Dimension
haha you heard that one as well?

Amazing, really. It's like a competition, who can rip off a track the most blatantly.

The 1991 guy's been accused of ripping off quite a few tunes ain't he?

The Dimension bit just sounds like he made a tune featuring samples he was gonna put in UK but didn't.

listen closely to the placement of the handclaps, it's obvious he's listened to the 1991 fella, who in turn has listened to Diemantle.

All those guys on UKF are career djs, it's the only thing they can take inspiration from, they're too busy gigging they've got no time to get inspired by anything else. I don't know why I'm sharing this, curiosity got the best of me and now I want to inflict the same damage onto others.

Hospital are a complete bunch of spengs though

They try and call out Jubei for ripping off High Contrast (not a whole tune but just elements of production); when they have experienced artists like Danny Byrd ripping off Quest and then noobs like 1991 doing that shit above.

I think we should lock the Hospital thread for a week as punishment....

i'm not going to mention any artist names, but I think D&B in general has changed style.

Enormously.

From 6,7,8,9 minute long pieces of art with musical credibility and interesting grooves...... change ups etc

to 3 minute long smash and grabs, music for the ADHD generation

can a 3 minute track be deep?

Can it have groove?

Can it be hypnotic for such a short duration?

i'm not going to mention any artist names, but I think D&B in general has changed style.

Enormously.

From 6,7,8,9 minute long pieces of art with musical credibility and interesting grooves...... change ups etc

Can it have groove?

buy two copies and mix one into the other, lol

Don't think 1991 or Dimension are Hospital artists though.

I thought 1991 was tbh, and it’s him who’s ripped off Dimension. Never said Dimension was Hospital; but Danny Byrd certainly is and he certainly got a lot of stick for ripping off Quest. Rightly so too.

Just try and get digs in on Hospital wherever I can...

Thing is the genre was born on ripping off in all honesty.

But in this day & age, unless you ensure what you are doing is "better", or at least has merit, you just end up looking like a cunt & everybody calls you out on it.

I think thats a good thing, personally.

Enormously.

Can it have groove?

Totally agree....but different topic imo.

Heist does quite a few different styles as well.

minimal/deep:

liquid:

dillinja:

jumpup:

^^^ Yeah Mr Muir is a man with many hat's. Really liked Glebe and that Great White tune, or whatever it's called as they are different fromnalot of his other stuff

I had a big rant about the state of the neuro scene a while back on here, and Phace and Noisia got the brunt of my frustration.
But there's a few more to add to that list - Jade, Mindscape, Black Sun Empire, State of Mind etc etc the list can go on.

Neuro used to be hard and aggressive, now its just a massive wub fest. Which is why i stay well clear of it now, sad really because, believe it or not, I used to be a massive fan of Hardware, Vision, Barcode, Freak blah blah and the 'original neuro sound'

Back
Top Bottom