DnB StuSmith - Rolling Straight Through Vol. 2

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist
Its been a while.

All vinyl on 1210's. Not exactly brimming with new releases, but I was trying to put in some older tunes I've never used in a mix before.
Tracklist & Soundcloud & DNBShare link below.

Feedback always welcomed positive or negative.
Enjoy the ride guys and girls.

Peace.

http://dnbshare.com/download/November_Mix.mp3.html

DRS - Play With Fire Feat Dub Phizix [Soul:R]
>>Amoss - Why Do We Fall [Horizons]
Calibre - Sokitume [Signature]
Friction & K-Tee - Overtime [Renegade Hardware]
Zero T & Ulterior Motive - Breach [Subtitles]
Siren - Rollers Convention [Siren Recordings]
Break - Kicked To Death [Symmetry]
Spor - Kingdom [Lifted]
Hive & Keaton - Plague (Hive Remix) [Renegade Hardware]
Octane DLR & Break - Murmur [Dispatch]
Calyx & Teebee - Quest (Break Remix) [Subtitles]
Ed Rush & Optical - Pacman (Ram Trilogy Remix) [Virus]
Mortem - Revolta [Demand]
Commix - Talk To Frank (Break Remix) [Metalheadz]
Dr Octagon - Aliens (Subfocus Remix) [Casual Records]
Spinline - Contrast [Demand]
Octane, DLR & Break - Power Down [Symmetry]
Sabre Stray & Halogenix - St Clair [Critical]
Fields, Hydro, Mako & Villem - Dissolve [Symmetry]
>>Commix - Bellview (Dbridge Belle Reviewed Remix) [Metalheadz]
Foreign Concept & Xtrah - Harsh Reality [Critical]
Future Cut - Obsession (Ulterior Motive Remix) [Metalheadz]
>>Break - Let it Happen [Shogun]

Last edited:
:tank:

edit: you went and knocked this one out the ball park stu, big ups!

Last edited:
really loved it from start to finish man, this is surely gonna go on my mp3 player for further listenings! the whole mix was very intense

this section was my favourite part, power down with st clair was proper "bump your head against a wall" business

might gonna feedback a bit more after a few more listens but don't count on it :p

DRS - Play With Fire - yes. one of my favs from the album
Amoss - Why Do We Fall - underated tune. what a mix. love how play with fires growly bit tears through. nice on the bass switch back.
Calibre - Sokitume - smooth. well eq'd, they sitting perfectly.
Friction & K-Tee - Overtime - nice. these roll really well. big up on playing the original too.
Zero T & Ulterior Motive - Breach - drums working well during the breakdown. what a drop, great mix man so clean.
Siren - Rollers Convention - another nice one.
Break - Kicked To Death - swish man. clean transistion
Spor - Kingdom - fucking menacing. oh and that switch to the quiet part. fuck just fuck. im trying this when i get home.
Hive & Keaton - Plague - cool. well eq'd. theres a lot going on in both tunes. eq'd to get the best out of it.
Octane DLR & Break - Murmur - lovely build up with a steady eq crossover. well played.
Calyx & Teebee - Quest - so many top tunes coming. you've got a real knack for fusing those mid range bass growls
Ed Rush & Optical - Pacman - wicked. love that lil cheecky switch back to quest. so good.
Mortem - Revolta - yes! wasn't expecting that. nice.
Commix - Talk To Frank - liked the way u brought it in, took it out then builded it up for the drop. lil less mid on talk to frank i think tho.
Dr Octagon - Aliens - i love this tune. we flowing.. cracking blend.
Spinline - Contrast -awesome!!!!
Octane, DLR & Break - Power Down - wicked, wicked mix. the levels dropped a bit here, i was reaching for the volume up but not majorly.
Sabre Stray & Halogenix - St Clair - dude! damn!
Fields, Hydro, Mako & Villem - Dissolve - big. well played fusing the different drum patterns.
>>Commix - Bellview - out of no where. so good.
Foreign Concept & Xtrah - Harsh Reality - not bad. those mid ranges were begging to be mixed.
Future Cut - Obsession - yeah clean crossover.
>>Break - Let it Happen - not 100% sold on the mix to be honest. but the way u took it out, cut to let it happen then straight back to obession. nice work.

Wow! Didnt expect that many heads to jump on this one!
Big up t345e, Papa (west london crew assemble!!), BN14, James, Jack & Danwell. Look forward to hearing what you guys think. Massively appreciated.

really loved it from start to finish man, this is surely gonna go on my mp3 player for further listenings! the whole mix was very intense

this section was my favourite part, power down with st clair was proper "bump your head against a wall" business

might gonna feedback a bit more after a few more listens but don't count on it :p

ahh big up wingzy for the feedback! That Power Down > St Clair is an absolute monster, glad you digged that mix, certainly a favourite of mine. thanks again bro.

DRS - Play With Fire - yes. one of my favs from the album
Amoss - Why Do We Fall - underated tune. what a mix. love how play with fires growly bit tears through. nice on the bass switch back.
Calibre - Sokitume - smooth. well eq'd, they sitting perfectly.
Friction & K-Tee - Overtime - nice. these roll really well. big up on playing the original too.
Zero T & Ulterior Motive - Breach - drums working well during the breakdown. what a drop, great mix man so clean.
Siren - Rollers Convention - another nice one.
Break - Kicked To Death - swish man. clean transistion
Spor - Kingdom - fucking menacing. oh and that switch to the quiet part. fuck just fuck. im trying this when i get home.
Hive & Keaton - Plague - cool. well eq'd. theres a lot going on in both tunes. eq'd to get the best out of it.
Octane DLR & Break - Murmur - lovely build up with a steady eq crossover. well played.
Calyx & Teebee - Quest - so many top tunes coming. you've got a real knack for fusing those mid range bass growls
Ed Rush & Optical - Pacman - wicked. love that lil cheecky switch back to quest. so good.
Mortem - Revolta - yes! wasn't expecting that. nice.
Commix - Talk To Frank - liked the way u brought it in, took it out then builded it up for the drop. lil less mid on talk to frank i think tho.
Dr Octagon - Aliens - i love this tune. we flowing.. cracking blend.
Spinline - Contrast -awesome!!!!
Octane, DLR & Break - Power Down - wicked, wicked mix. the levels dropped a bit here, i was reaching for the volume up but not majorly.
Sabre Stray & Halogenix - St Clair - dude! damn!
Fields, Hydro, Mako & Villem - Dissolve - big. well played fusing the different drum patterns.
>>Commix - Bellview - out of no where. so good.
Foreign Concept & Xtrah - Harsh Reality - not bad. those mid ranges were begging to be mixed.
Future Cut - Obsession - yeah clean crossover.
>>Break - Let it Happen - not 100% sold on the mix to be honest. but the way u took it out, cut to let it happen then straight back to obession. nice work.

Yes Yes Teddy! Really appreciate the indepth feedback as usual.
Little bit disappointed I couldn't get the gain right on Power Down, still to this day I find getting the gains right one of the most challenging parts of mixing vinyl. Certainly something I try and work on as much as possible, & will be addressing for the next mix.

Love the detail you go into! Love the little cut back to Kicked To Death when mixed with Kingdom, glad you spotted that.

Definitely found it difficult to blend something cleanly with Obsession UM remix, certainly when recording. I don't think it will be venturing out of its sleeve for anymore recordings anytime soon tbh.

Big ups for taking the time to listen & feedback so detailed pal.

Must spread moar rep etc.

Definitely found it difficult to blend something cleanly with Obsession UM remix

try amoss - minus (hybris remix) works really well if i remember right. looses alot of energy when u switch tho.

and yeah no probs man. its a big big mix. i knew it would be good but it exceeded my expectations. take a bow man. i tried but cant really fault it.

On it stu

big ups Tone. might even have a little deeper mix to post later on seen as this one is going down well. Looking forward to your thoughts.

try amoss - minus (hybris remix) works really well if i remember right. looses alot of energy when u switch tho.

and yeah no probs man. its a big big mix. i knew it would be good but it exceeded my expectations. take a bow man. i tried but cant really fault it.

Too kind mang. Far too kind. That comment has pretty much made my Monday.
Will give that mix with Minus remix a whirl; one I haven't tried yet with Obsession remix yet.

big ups again pal.

not made it all the way coz i got to leave for work , but great mix so far !

Nice one Euro! Hope you get round to finishing the rest of it, and looking forward to what you think of it.

Back
Top Bottom