DnB StuSmith - Rolling Straight Through Vol. 2

Big ups JHSE23!
Revolta is a massive tune, love everything Mortem has released thus far.

I actually have your mix on a list of Kerb mixes to listen to. I will get round to this very very soon and apologies for not previously getting on it!

Peace bro.

Haha all good matey, gotta look out for the vinyl crew still holding tight. take it easy

Yo man , listened, enjoyed, on ipod!

Your mixing seems to get better and better man. The only teeny teeny teeny thing which i could pick up on was the tune u drop in after pacman, beat matched perfect but didnt have the punch!?

Thats by no means criticism. Big up man look forward to next one

Yo man , listened, enjoyed, on ipod!

Your mixing seems to get better and better man. The only teeny teeny teeny thing which i could pick up on was the tune u drop in after pacman, beat matched perfect but didnt have the punch!?

Thats by no means criticism. Big up man look forward to next one

Big ups Tony, appreciate your thoughts about Revolta, it hasn't got a massive bassline so probably sounded a bit wierd in that mix...big ups for pointing that out though, it was one of my least favourite mixes, and means I can take something away from your comments.

Looking out for your next mix mate, must be incoming soon?

Big ups Tony, appreciate your thoughts about Revolta, it hasn't got a massive bassline so probably sounded a bit wierd in that mix...big ups for pointing that out though, it was one of my least favourite mixes, and means I can take something away from your comments.

Looking out for your next mix mate, must be incoming soon?

Yeah will be soon man! Been lazy recently.

That aliens remix is such a banger!! I need it. How do u remember these tunes man!? U got ur selection locked mate!

Yeah will be soon man! Been lazy recently.

That aliens remix is such a banger!! I need it. How do u remember these tunes man!? U got ur selection locked mate!

Nice one Tony! I just play tunes I like tbh, really glad you digged the selection!
love Aliens remix, harks back to the days of Andy C @ The End for me personally.
its not that hard to get I assure you.

Now get off your lazy ass and record a mix for the masses :teeth:

peace bro.

Yes. This is a big mix. Just put it on thinking I hadn't heard it and was all like, "Aaah. It's this mix." Like. Will try and leave proper feedback when I can. Big up

Yes. This is a big mix. Just put it on thinking I hadn't heard it and was all like, "Aaah. It's this mix." Like. Will try and leave proper feedback when I can. Big up

big ups bro. looking forward to hearing what you think :)
enjoy the ride.

Anyone else?

big TL, listening now. just posting to say that intro is fucking huge, will let you know how the rest turns out :p

edit:
So yeah, ace job with the intro, hearing the highs of why do we fall come in like that and not quite knowing how you were gonna drop it was exciting haha, and loved the way the DRS tune comes back in, definitely would be tempting to let it have too much presence over why do we fall but i think you gave it just the right amount of space. don't really know the next 4 tracks but have to say found it difficult to tell exactly when the new tracks were comign in and going out which is definitely a good thing. normally the hats make it obvious but very nicely EQed here so there's no clashes at all..

kicked to death >> kingdom is big, have to say though after having kicked to death build up on it's own like that definitely wouldn't have minded hearing it drop haha! (then again i didn't let it play on it's own in my last mix either) could've maybe brought in kingdom 3 phrases later and have an epic breakdown/build up to 2nd drop of kicked to death

kingdom - plague VIP - murmur is the first time the mix has even the slightest hint of the highs being a bit too cluttered but doesn't really matter here cos the lows & mids are so fat and overwhelming anyway.. and it makes it sound even cooler when plague drops out just in time for when the hats get really rolling in murmur.

love when the pacman remix comes in, after a while of slightly a-rythymic morphing basses a couple of steppas really switch it up and know for a fact that pacman-revolta bit would absolutely go off in a club.

mixing out of revolta, it would've sounded sick if talk to frank had come in right when the bass comes back in the breakdown of revolta, that's probably almost impossikble to do on vinyl though cos the revolta breakdown gives you nothing to work with

not abig fan of the sub focus remix or the spinline track, cant fault the mixing though and it rolls into power down very nicely. gotta love that power down breakdown, and love st clair coming in that suddenly. then i like how it sounds like it's abotu to go into a breakdown and then dissolve comes in, took me by surprise in a good way. also like that you play the original of harsh reality, i actually much prefer it to the remix. and nice way to end the mix, like that obsession comes back in for the 2nd drop. can't suggest anything in these last few tracks, nicely done!

would love to hear that set played out, big up!

Last edited:
Massive massive feedback, thanks IFTN!
Really like your insight on the Kingdom >> Plague VIP mix...my copy of Plague VIP is a little battered so the highs are horrendous.

Got your message, will check your mix very soon bro.

would love to hear that set played out, big up!

Cheers matey
Don't do many sets out, but will shout you if i'm doing anything in London soon.

Back
Top Bottom