DnB StuSmith - Rolling Straight Through Vol. 2

Yes Stu. Looks massive! Going to try and download this now. Internet connection is rubbish at work so may have to get it later

Yes Skwiffy! hope you enjoy the ride. Still got a mix of yours to listen to...

That was fucking huge big up stu! On point throughout!

big up Dan. glad you enjoyed it matey. Got a little deep mix to post later on which may tickle your fancy as well. Thanks again for checking.

I'll have a piece of this Mr Smith. First thread I peeped this morning & it enticed me in from the title :) nice intro with Play With Fire into Why Do We Fall. The tearing bit in the Amoss tune rolled well with Play With Fire & digged how the vocal came back in after the tease + teased very well. Ticking intro of Sokitume blended great on the back of Play With Fire. Not heard Sokitume before, feeling some old Lomax vibes in there. Also not heard the original Overtime before. That sat nicely with Sokitume. Heard the original Set It Off for the first time last weekend too, another wicked original. Gave Breach a tink the other day as well. Quality mix with Overtime flavours in the background & filthy rolling bass in the foreground with Breach. Tickled vocals of Rollers Convention eased in & the militant drums pushed through on the back of Breach. I enjoyed Kicked To Death coming in before the middle breakdown of RC too + the mix with Kingdom was intense, proper technical & a fair bit going on :) Love how Plague rmx ticked away nicely on the half time bit in Kingdom. Pretty powerful tune when that drops & a wicked mix with Murmur. Plague rmx sat back while the dirt bass in Murmur pushed through. Enjoyed the way the atmospheric intro of Quest rmx built nicely though the breakdown of Murmur to peak for the double. Proper relentless rolling mix with Quest - Pacman rmx combo, very pleasing on the ears & the little switch back to the previous filth was a peach. Revolta almost snuck under the radar when that came in. A well chosen mix as Revolta really complimented Pacman rmx where it is in the mix. The rolling drums of Talk To Frank rmx built well on the end of the breakdown to Revolta, with the filthy bass of Revolta bringing proceedings back together. The catch riffs & vocals in Aliens rmx also really complimented the driving bass in Talk To Frank. Nice to hear Contrast in the mix as well, quite like that tune, but haven't mixed much as I couldn't find too much that went well with it, so end up reaching for Life or Tokyo if I go for that EP. Power Down - St Clair mix was wicked. Wasn't overly keen on Power Down (especially so soon after Murmur) but it has grown on me. Vibes of Jazz Club in there, with a Break twist & love how St Clair pushed through out of nowhere again. Not a fan of Dissolve, but enjoyed the mixes with the tunes either side of it, the steppy elements of it working well when the bass of Belleview rmx sunk in. Harsh Reality wasn't my cup of tea when it came out, but it sat well with Dissolve on a similar tip. Nice to hear Obsession rmx in a members mix on here + I thought the mix with Let It Happen was cool, the distinctive riffs of Obsession rmx peaking out from behind the rolling beats of Let It Happen sounded nice.

A thoroughly interesting ride right the way through. Pleasing to hear Breach, Quest rmx, Talk To Frank rmx & Let It Happen in a fresh mix

Last edited:
I'll have a piece of this Mr Smith. First thread I peeped this morning & it enticed me in from the title :) nice intro with Play With Fire into Why Do We Fall. The tearing bit in the Amoss tune rolled well with Play With Fire & digged how the vocal came back in after the tease + teased very well. Ticking intro of Sokitume blended great on the back of Play With Fire. Not heard Sokitume before, feeling some old Lomax vibes in there. Also not heard the original Overtime before. That sat nicely with Sokitume. Heard the original Set It Off for the first time last weekend too, another wicked original. Gave Breach a tink the other day as well. Quality mix with Overtime flavours in the background & filthy rolling bass in the foreground with Breach. Tickled vocals of Rollers Convention eased in & the militant drums pushed through on the back of Breach. I enjoyed Kicked To Death coming in before the middle breakdown of RC too + the mix with Kingdom was intense, proper technical & a fair bit going on :) Love how Plague rmx ticked away nicely on the half time bit in Kingdom. Pretty powerful tune when that drops & a wicked mix with Murmur. Plague rmx sat back while the dirt bass in Murmur pushed through. Enjoyed the way the atmospheric intro of Quest rmx built nicely though the breakdown of Murmur to peak for the double. Proper relentless rolling mix with Quest - Pacman rmx combo, very pleasing on the ears & the little switch back to the previous filth was a peach. Revolta almost snuck under the radar when that came in. A well chosen mix as Revolta really complimented Pacman rmx where it is in the mix. The rolling drums of Talk To Frank rmx built well on the end of the breakdown to Revolta, with the filthy bass of Revolta bringing proceedings back together. The catch riffs & vocals in Aliens rmx also really complimented the driving bass in Talk To Frank. Nice to hear Contrast in the mix as well, quite like that tune, but haven't mixed much as I couldn't find too much that went well with it, so end up reaching for Life or Tokyo if I go for that EP. Power Down - St Clair mix was wicked. Wasn't overly keen on Power Down (especially so soon after Murmur) but it has grown on me. Vibes of Jazz Club in there, with a Break twist & love how St Clair pushed through out of nowhere again. Not a fan of Dissolve, but enjoyed the mixes with the tunes either side of it, the steppy elements of it working well when the bass of Belleview rmx sunk in. Harsh Reality wasn't my cup of tea when it came out, but it sat well with Dissolve on a similar tip. Nice to hear Obsession rmx in a members mix on here + I thought the mix with Let It Happen was cool, the distinctive riffs of Obsession rmx peaking out from behind the rolling beats of Let It Happen sounded nice.

A thoroughly interesting ride right the way through. Pleasing to hear Breach, Quest rmx, Talk To Frank rmx & Let It Happen in a fresh mix

WOW. Your a credit to this forum Watcha. not enough people tell you that I think.

Glad you noticed the title, wanted to continue this series & it took a year to put out Vol 2!

Pleased you mentioned some of the technical bits of it...never been too keen on going mad when recording a mix, but think I pulled some of it off in here to a certain degree. Happy you digged the older bits too. Breach for some reason had barely been used until this moment.

Love the indepth feedback. Really means I can go away and try and make the next one an absolute monster.

Big ups The Watcha. Will be keeping any eye out for your next mix broski! Still got your collabs mix on my Ipod which gets a constant airing.

Must spread reppings etc.

WOW. Your a credit to this forum Watcha. not enough people tell you that I think.

Glad you noticed the title, wanted to continue this series & it took a year to put out Vol 2!

Pleased you mentioned some of the technical bits of it...never been too keen on going mad when recording a mix, but think I pulled some of it off in here to a certain degree. Happy you digged the older bits too. Breach for some reason had barely been used until this moment.

Love the indepth feedback. Really means I can go away and try and make the next one an absolute monster.

Big ups The Watcha. Will be keeping any eye out for your next mix broski! Still got your collabs mix on my Ipod which gets a constant airing.

Must spread reppings etc.

Thanks for the kind words man :) & no worries on the in depth feedback. If someone is going to go to the effort to create a decent mix, the least we can do is give some decent feedback. Thought this mix was pretty tearing tbh. I have an idea on the back burner at the mo, until I'm feeling the flow of it + a couple more I've been thinking about at the weekend. One of them will materialise at some point. Glad you are still playing the collabs mix :) ez

this was fucking sexy stu, and who said having an old tracklist was a bad thing ay?? too many tunes have a shelf life of about a week, so all the credit to you that the mix can sound so good using hardly any current material. revolta going through to talk to frank was badboy, forgotten how much i love that remix, also kingdom into plague smashed it. really enjoyed the opening too, doesn't try to be some andy c megadrop, the subtlety worked really well. don't know why i don't have sokitume and overtime in my collection, hadn't actually heard the original of the latter. better than the spectrasoul remix i reckon!

large mate, you really need to make this a regular ting you get me

lovely man,

the intro worked so well, hard to get energy out of playing with fire which is such a brilliant stand alone tune, but with why do we fall it added that extra bite to it. top.

my only critique would be occasionally some of the levels were slightly to strong for the other and overpowered the other tune, but that's just getting used to tunes and what needs to be at which level. mid mix its so hard to remember.

loved kicked to death into kingdom, sick little double which you had little time to do so fair play.

quest remix into ram trilogy remix sounded large too.

selection was really on point and everything flowed really smoothly.

you blended the obsession remix really well, great way to end the mix and with the little tease too!

top stuff

this was fucking sexy stu, and who said having an old tracklist was a bad thing ay?? too many tunes have a shelf life of about a week, so all the credit to you that the mix can sound so good using hardly any current material. revolta going through to talk to frank was badboy, forgotten how much i love that remix, also kingdom into plague smashed it. really enjoyed the opening too, doesn't try to be some andy c megadrop, the subtlety worked really well. don't know why i don't have sokitume and overtime in my collection, hadn't actually heard the original of the latter. better than the spectrasoul remix i reckon!

large mate, you really need to make this a regular ting you get me

Legend Jack, appreciate your thoughts. I will do my upmost not to leave Vol.3 too long...glad you digged the older bits, been digging about in recent times, tend to enjoy the mix more pulling for random stuff that doesn't get played much anymore.
Glad you enjoyed the intro also, I feel it doesn't always need to be all out attack on the first mix, it took some effort EQing that mid mix so really glad you digged it.

Big up

lovely man,

the intro worked so well, hard to get energy out of playing with fire which is such a brilliant stand alone tune, but with why do we fall it added that extra bite to it. top.

my only critique would be occasionally some of the levels were slightly to strong for the other and overpowered the other tune, but that's just getting used to tunes and what needs to be at which level. mid mix its so hard to remember.

loved kicked to death into kingdom, sick little double which you had little time to do so fair play.

quest remix into ram trilogy remix sounded large too.

selection was really on point and everything flowed really smoothly.

you blended the obsession remix really well, great way to end the mix and with the little tease too!

top stuff

Yes James! Completely agree about the gains on some of the mixes; mid mix like you say is difficult to start fiddling around too much...its one thing I would definitely like to take away from this and make my next installment better.

Sweet for the KTD >Kingdom comments. Cued up Kingdom 16 from the drop, definitely feel I'm more comfortable cueing quickly, taken alot of work but I'm getting there!

Big ups once again, really appreciate both of you having a listen and leaving your thoughts.

Loved the mix Stu. First I've heard some of these tunes so no dust on these for me mate. Absolutely love you're opening tune...big big big. Mixing was pretty tight and adventurous in parts...I can see you have da skillz!

What's the name of that tune at 17m3? Wicked drop!

Big up.

Loved the mix Stu. First I've heard some of these tunes so no dust on these for me mate. Absolutely love you're opening tune...big big big. Mixing was pretty tight and adventurous in parts...I can see you have da skillz!

What's the name of that tune at 17m3? Wicked drop!

Big up.

Nice one Mr Jaro! Posted on SC the tune you were after! Shouldn't have needed an ID Papa you must be kicking yourself hahaha :D

Appreciate you taking time to listen and leaving your thoughts.

Big ups pal.

Ok Stu, it's time for feedback! Loved the intro, need to finally buy that DRS album, been sitting in my wantlist for far too long. Props for playing Why Do We Fall, easily my favourite Amoss tune since Footloose and god knows why hugely underrated! Well played on EQing this one, sounded really great. There's basically nothing I can fault in the next part up to Kicked To Death, flowing insanely well. KTD - Kingdom - The Plague VIP big big big section, top notch effort on the mixing and EQing those, joining the others on praising this one :) Quite liked the way you've bringed in Murmur, another straight rolling section right after that and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing Pacman RMX in the mix once again after a while. And then Revolta comes in, instant fuck off business, probably my favourite part of the mix! Dunno why, but Aliens RMX into Talk To Frank wasn't really for me, I'm being too picky probably, don't get me wrong, it was mixed perfectly, the blend just didn't sound quite right to me. Mix with contrast on the other hand was mad, really liked it! Power Down then, okay, and "oh god that's huge" St.Clair comes in, nearly as big as that Revolta mix earlier. Love the funk of this tune, taking the mix to the next level. Was quite pleased with the way you've managed to turn the heat down a bit by the next section, nicely done switching those drum patterns! And you can add me to the Let It Happen tease fanbase, I loved it. Big mix all the way through, the title sums it precisely me thinks. Eagerly awaiting the next one :)

Ok Stu, it's time for feedback! Loved the intro, need to finally buy that DRS album, been sitting in my wantlist for far too long. Props for playing Why Do We Fall, easily my favourite Amoss tune since Footloose and god knows why hugely underrated! Well played on EQing this one, sounded really great. There's basically nothing I can fault in the next part up to Kicked To Death, flowing insanely well. KTD - Kingdom - The Plague VIP big big big section, top notch effort on the mixing and EQing those, joining the others on praising this one :) Quite liked the way you've bringed in Murmur, another straight rolling section right after that and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing Pacman RMX in the mix once again after a while. And then Revolta comes in, instant fuck off business, probably my favourite part of the mix! Dunno why, but Aliens RMX into Talk To Frank wasn't really for me, I'm being too picky probably, don't get me wrong, it was mixed perfectly, the blend just didn't sound quite right to me. Mix with contrast on the other hand was mad, really liked it! Power Down then, okay, and "oh god that's huge" St.Clair comes in, nearly as big as that Revolta mix earlier. Love the funk of this tune, taking the mix to the next level. Was quite pleased with the way you've managed to turn the heat down a bit by the next section, nicely done switching those drum patterns! And you can add me to the Let It Happen tease fanbase, I loved it. Big mix all the way through, the title sums it precisely me thinks. Eagerly awaiting the next one :)

Yes FG! Big big feedback love it.
Definitely agree with the Why Do We Fall comments. For a B-Side its pretty naughty...
Glad you mentioned the Aliens Remix > Talk To Frank remix...Aliens bassline is so high I always try a mix it utilising the bass from the other tune going out of the mix; not something I normally do tbh! Will definitely be looking to improve on this for the next.

Hopefully I won't keep you waiting too long for the next installment.
Big ups once again, appreciate you taking time to listen and feedback mang.

Really enjoyed this mix man. Intro was wicked, probably one of my fave tunes from the DRS album so instant win. Straight into Why Do We Fall was sick, love that tune anyway and been meaning to bag it for a while. Mixing and EQ'ing was totally on point, tracks sounded perfect together.
Proper went in for the middle section, all the selection was top quality fuck off drum & bass, the Break remix of Talk To Frank is another one I really need to play more, love how it sounds in the mix. Contrast into Power Drain was a selection I really liked, both tunes ive hardly heard so was good hearing something different from tracks people rinse. Never been a fan of St. Clair to be honest but thats just personal preference!
All in all a really strong mix, and although I dont listen to many mixes like this (you may have guessed im into the minimal/downtempo sounds! ;) ) I really enjoyed it! Major props for the 100% vinyl as well Stu, cant praise that enough. Im still so shit on vinyl!

Really enjoyed this mix man. Intro was wicked, probably one of my fave tunes from the DRS album so instant win. Straight into Why Do We Fall was sick, love that tune anyway and been meaning to bag it for a while. Mixing and EQ'ing was totally on point, tracks sounded perfect together.
Proper went in for the middle section, all the selection was top quality fuck off drum & bass, the Break remix of Talk To Frank is another one I really need to play more, love how it sounds in the mix. Contrast into Power Drain was a selection I really liked, both tunes ive hardly heard so was good hearing something different from tracks people rinse. Never been a fan of St. Clair to be honest but thats just personal preference!
All in all a really strong mix, and although I dont listen to many mixes like this (you may have guessed im into the minimal/downtempo sounds! ;) ) I really enjoyed it! Major props for the 100% vinyl as well Stu, cant praise that enough. Im still so shit on vinyl!

Big ups Sicx! Must spread moaaar reppings etc..

Glad you digged the intro, as I've said before it took some work but got there in the end. I tried to get the energy building after the steady start in the middle of the mix, talk to frank remix has been a long favourite of mine, managed to kop a copy recently which has been going down a treat I must say.

Appreciate the vinyl comments, its taken alot of practice to get to where I am now, and the more I hear really clean laptop DJ's mixes, the more I try and better myself, its been a long process but i'm getting there.
I won't be going digital anytime soon I assure you of that.

Never know I may (one day) try and throw down something nearer your autonomic/exit style mixes, one that has been on my mind for a while, but trying to get anywhere near how good your installments have been will be alot of work!

Will leave some feedback on your Kerb mix, listened today sounding faaaaat.

Big ups once again pal.

Really enjoyed this mate. Solid as beatmatching and got a really good ear for what works. That pacman revolta mix was enlightening

Big ups JHSE23!
Revolta is a massive tune, love everything Mortem has released thus far.

I actually have your mix on a list of Kerb mixes to listen to. I will get round to this very very soon and apologies for not previously getting on it!

Peace bro.

Back
Top Bottom