StuSmith presents...Rolling straight through. 50 mins. All Vinyl.

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist
Ez all,

Been a while since I posted any new mix, thought it was time to freshen up the Soundcloud a bit.

Mixed on 2 1210's and a DJM 600.

Slips and slides along the way and some bits i'm not completely happy with, but its been so long I thought i'd post it regardless.

All Feedback & Constructive Criticism is more than appreciated, if I've left you some in the past whether good or bad, sort a brother out!
TL Below...

Enjoy

Amoss - Throwback [Horizons]
>> Nymfo & Cern - Desert Heat [Dispatch]
Foreign Concept & Kasra - Show You [Critical]
Vicious Circle & Nocturnal - Last Chance Saloon [Commercial Suicide]
>> Enei Ft Riya - No Fear [Critical]
Alix Perez - Myriads [Shogun]
SPY & Kasra - Surface [Critical]
Lomax - Mercia [Ram]
Amoss - Secondary [Horizons]
Foreign Concept - Mob Justice [Critical]
Subterra & Deko - Bonsai Run [Invisible]
Alix Perez - Observer [Invisible]
Amoss - Footloose [Horizons]
Jubei & Alix Perez - Distrust [Metalheadz]
A Sides - Tokiado [Eastside]
Skeptical - Blue Eyes [Ingredients]
St Files & Calibre - Falling Down [Greyed Audio]
Amoss - Astrodome [Horizons]
Ed Rush & Optical - Medicine (Matrix Remix) [Virus]
Optical - To Shape The Future Remix [Metalheadz]
Teebee - Lost [Shogun]

downloaded man, tracklist looks as good as ever, shall check it out later when i've finished slaving in the library (y)

ez man.
its hard to say no to that tracklist.
will check it out this week buddy!

ez man.
its hard to say no to that tracklist.
will check it out this week buddy!

cheers teddy, I hope you enjoy the selection.

On it matey, TL looks tasty.

nice one man! if you get a chance drop us some feedback! :D

MAN I MISS THOSE DAYS!!!! Still have my crates and cases but no decks "insert crying smiley"

You know what to do, grab some decks, get spinning. Ez.

Likes looks good stu, will give it a gander over the week

Nice one Charles. cheers for checking and I hope it goes down well :D

Played this the whole way through yesterday, mixing is seriously tight! One or two tiny slip ups but they get fixed straight away and some of the blends are super smooth! Only thing I would say is I think sometimes you EQ'd too much of the background tune out. But that could just be me... Either way big mix! Got a good flow to it!

Played this the whole way through yesterday, mixing is seriously tight! One or two tiny slip ups but they get fixed straight away and some of the blends are super smooth! Only thing I would say is I think sometimes you EQ'd too much of the background tune out. But that could just be me... Either way big mix! Got a good flow to it!

Yes mish! Cheers for the feedback!

I couldn't agree more, I tend to find when removing treble to make the mix smoother I always over compensate and take too much out! probably doesn't help not having the loudest system in the world but thats the life of bedroom DJ's :teeth:

cheers for checking & feeding back once again mang, much appreciated.

will as always be on the look out for your next 3 deck mix :D

Last edited:
Desert Heat - really smooth mix man. ultra clean
Show You - this was nice too. loved the way u brought it in.
Last Chance Saloon - wow! these 2 sat fucking wicked. the bass switch was cool but added a lil too much volume to the mix. the intro sat nice and loved they way the dropped where all the drums cut out and dropped back together and the vocals didnt clash either. superb!
No Fear - fast mixing man thats some ace beatmatching. a nice mix really, liked the filter on lcs to make it smoother when no fears drums cut out. think u needed to hit the filter button a second earlier to make it just that bit tighter, i got a djm 600 too and i found hitting it just before u want it to work a lil better.
Myraids - meanacing, all about this tune!
Surface - i know this is gonna sit nice even before hearing it. maybe a lil too well infact. u cant hear any of myraids bass poke through, u may have eq'd out a lil too much. having surfaces mid down a lil and myraids mid on full(ish) would fuse it better i think. still a really clean and nice mix tho. just being particular.
Mercia - big ups for playing this. sat quite well together, nicley eq'd. thought u brought it in a bit early tho. would have done it when mercias drums cut away. wicked transition at the end.
Secondary - fucking blinding blend! think mish is right tho, u r taking a lil too much away from the other track. not much here but a lil more mid on mercia would have made it perfect. if leaving in some eq on the other track boosts the overall volume too much then take away a bit of mid from the incoming. thats what i do in a lot of instances anyway. however i'd much rather listen to it eq'd to much than not enough. less is more.
Mob Justice - swish!
Bonsai Run - nice
Observer - invisi business. not bad man!
Footloose - glad im not the only one feeling the fuck out of this ep - smooth mix. u nailed getting those drum patterns to sit well together.
Distrust - wicked! sounding good! would have been tempted to end the mix earlier before those extra elements came into play.
Tokiado - love this track. a proper roller. mix was ok. not the best on here but cool.
Blue Eyes - sweet!
Falling Down - nice, liked the bass swiches, u can hear the differences in gain when u do it tho, but not major.
Astrodome - gully gully gully!
Medicine - yes!
To Shape The Future - nnot bad man!
Lost - mix was a bit harsh tbh, might have sounded more fused with the blines the other way around.

wicked mix stu. smooth as anything. superb selection. best one of ur's yet! i really enjoyed it!

Last Chance Saloon - wow! these 2 sat fucking wicked. the bass switch was cool but added a lil too much volume to the mix. the intro sat nice and loved they way the dropped where all the drums cut out and dropped back together and the vocals didnt clash either. superb!
No Fear - fast mixing man thats some ace beatmatching. a nice mix really, liked the filter on lcs to make it smoother when no fears drums cut out. think u needed to hit the filter button a second earlier to make it just that bit tighter, i got a djm 600 too and i found hitting it just before u want it to work a lil better.
Surface - i know this is gonna sit nice even before hearing it. maybe a lil too well infact. u cant hear any of myraids bass poke through, u may have eq'd out a lil too much. having surfaces mid down a lil and myraids mid on full(ish) would fuse it better i think. still a really clean and nice mix tho. just being particular.
Mercia - big ups for playing this. sat quite well together, nicley eq'd. thought u brought it in a bit early tho. would have done it when mercias drums cut away. wicked transition at the end.
Secondary - fucking blinding blend! think mish is right tho, u r taking a lil too much away from the other track. not much here but a lil more mid on mercia would have made it perfect. if leaving in some eq on the other track boosts the overall volume too much then take away a bit of mid from the incoming. thats what i do in a lot of instances anyway. however i'd much rather listen to it eq'd to much than not enough. less is more.
Mob Justice - swish!
Bonsai Run - nice
Footloose - glad im not the only one feeling the fuck out of this ep - smooth mix. u nailed getting those drum patterns to sit well together.
Distrust - wicked! sounding good! would have been tempted to end the mix earlier before those extra elements came into play.
Tokiado - love this track. a proper roller. mix was ok. not the best on here but cool.
Blue Eyes - sweet!
Falling Down - nice, liked the bass swiches, u can hear the differences in gain when u do it tho, but not major.
Medicine - yes!
Lost - mix was a bit harsh tbh, might have sounded more fused with the blines the other way around.

wicked mix stu. smooth as anything. superb selection. best one of ur's yet! i really enjoyed it!

teddy showing how it should be done on this forum!

haha thanks mish.
i just like listening to mixes man. especially on here coz there is so many talented djs.
im not claiming to be an expert or anything, far from it.
but if anyone can benefit and take some constructive tips away from my point of view then its all good.
i just jot down what i think while i listen and usually get carried away!

Mob Justice - swish!
Bonsai Run - nice
Blue Eyes - sweet!
Medicine - yes!

As always teddy smashing the feedback!
Nice to know someone out there is really having a good listen and providing constructive criticism.

Have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of the filter on the 600, the timing always throws me off a bit, but its better than nothing, beggars cant be choosers.

Glad you enjoyed the selection, have been really trying to pay attention recently to getting a flow going throughout a mix, and not deviating too much from one style, something you seem to have down to a T in your mixes!

Will be working on the EQing comments for the next installment...something I wasn't completely happy with before I posted it.

Cheers for checking once again Teddy, chuffed you enjoyed it!
p.s. That Amoss EP is gully. Any man who doesn't know, get to know. Huge tunes. Quality in the mix.

teddy showing how it should be done on this forum!

:word: standard t-bizzle feedback business. Legendary stuff.

Have to say mate is a very very tight mix!! wouldnt worry about the few slip ups they were sorted out in no time!!

was particulary feeling the last chance saloon and show you mix!! very tidy!! aswell the mercia and secondary mix was very nice
track selection was right down my street and as always respect to anyone mixing on vinyl!!

just posted a mix up myself for hospitality competion but put it on here for... any feedback would be appreciated!!

Have to say mate is a very very tight mix!! wouldnt worry about the few slip ups they were sorted out in no time!!

was particulary feeling the last chance saloon and show you mix!! very tidy!! aswell the mercia and secondary mix was very nice
track selection was right down my street and as always respect to anyone mixing on vinyl!!

just posted a mix up myself for hospitality competion but put it on here for... any feedback would be appreciated!!

thanks for the kind words alex, and thanks for checking :D
that mercia > secondary mix was one of my favourites, glad you enjoyed it!

Ive seen your mix posted and will try and check it along with the others ive yet to listen to!

Thanks again

quality mix man, selection was on point throughout and you winged in some all time faves (footloose, medicine STF remix)

pleasure as always to listen, can't really feedback more as mr bizzle has murked it as per!

big up man

quality mix man, selection was on point throughout and you winged in some all time faves (footloose, medicine STF remix)

pleasure as always to listen, can't really feedback more as mr bizzle has murked it as per!

big up man

nice one James. Glad you enjoyed the mix :D

I hope to get the next installment up a bit quicker this time, ha.
cheers for checking once again pal.

Will be on the lookout for your next mix!

Back
Top Bottom