stupid korg question

funkmod

VIP Junglist
ok so basically lately i have been wanting to use my mircokorg and kaoss pad 3 more i have a sound card i have been attempting to record in but it will only allow me to record the main coming in and out so if i record like a metronome for say it will record that into the thing im trying to record which sucks and timing is an issue and i like to mess around with notes to make adjustments so i was wondering if midi might be a solution to this ? As of now im using reason as i dont know almost anything about midi any tips or knowledge would be much appreciated .

Mate write it a bit clearer, aint got a clue what you're on about ??

Im guessing your trying to use your Microkorg and Kaoss pad with Reason,

So whats the problem ???

If your using reason, and trying to record audio in/out of it, theres your problem, reason has no audio processing. The only way to route audio back into reason is to save it on your hard drive and put it one of the samplers (NNxt or NN19).

Try using a few full stops here and there aswel, reading that hurt my brain!

If your using reason, and trying to record audio in/out of it, theres your problem, reason has no audio processing. The only way to route audio back into reason is to save it on your hard drive and put it one of the samplers (NNxt or NN19).

Try using a few full stops here and there aswel, reading that hurt my brain!

yeah sorry about the writing it was 6 am ..... anyways yeah i have tried recording in audacity then exporting as wav then putting in the sampler. Im just wondering if i can use my korgs thru midi in reason??? to be more accurate basically .

Mate write it a bit clearer, aint got a clue what you're on about ??

Im guessing your trying to use your Microkorg and Kaoss pad with Reason,

So whats the problem ???

well my particular sound card records everything going out and in.. So basically i have to guess and it is not very accurate and wondering if midi might be a solution to this problem?

I'm glad I'm not the only one... lol.

I thought he was saying he didn't have the MicroKorg midied up to his Host.

well i actually have no midi cables or interfaces i just figure before i invested in it to see if it was going to solve my problems??? if that makes sense?

MIDI wont solve any problems you have with audio, all MIDI is is a way of devices "talking" to each other, any audio thats triggered as a result of a midi signal will still be routed the same so you'd still have the issues with your soundcard. I cant quite make out what your problem might be though, diagrams a good idea (y)

well my particular sound card records everything going out and in.. So basically i have to guess and it is not very accurate and wondering if midi might be a solution to this problem?

I am sooo confused.

Let me ask you something.. you're recording sound from your MicroKorg through your soundcard to a Wave Editor (Audacity in this case)... is this correct?

Have you recorded something from your MicroKorg to your computer already and now have a wav?

If yes to both of those questions... then what is it you're trying to do with said wav?

MIDI wont solve any problems you have with audio, all MIDI is is a way of devices "talking" to each other, any audio thats triggered as a result of a midi signal will still be routed the same so you'd still have the issues with your soundcard. I cant quite make out what your problem might be though, diagrams a good idea (y)

alright ill get one up as soon as i can

I am sooo confused.

Let me ask you something.. you're recording sound from your MicroKorg through your soundcard to a Wave Editor (Audacity in this case)... is this correct?

Have you recorded something from your MicroKorg to your computer already and now have a wav?

If yes to both of those questions... then what is it you're trying to do with said wav?

well when i record the wav i want it to be an actual riff i throw down not just one sound then chuck it in the reason sampler .Because to get the riff on beat and all id have to be actually listening to the tune but when i record it its going to have the rest of the tune in the recording because of the way my sound card operates.
Im sorry if this is confusing anyone its just complicated ....

well when i record the wav i want it to be an actual riff i throw down not just one sound then chuck it in the reason sampler .Because to get the riff on beat and all id have to be actually listening to the tune but when i record it its going to have the rest of the tune in the recording because of the way my sound card operates.
Im sorry if this is confusing anyone its just complicated ....

Ooooooh, I gotcha... you'd like to perform a riff to your song, but only record the riff and not the rest of the song playing.

Like Motion Audio already said, Reason can't sample in realtime (which blows me away)... regardless.

You've got two options:

A. Find another Sequencer
B. Use a Wav Editor that has multiple tracks (like a sequencer), Cool Edit Pro comes to mind.... but this might as well be the same thing as option A.

Honestly, I would imagine that anyone who uses Reason also has another Host for recording their Hardware synths (guys who have hardware synths that is).

I find it hard to believe that Reason doesn't have a way to sample audio though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reason_(software)

Well, lol... this seems to be the case.

"Reason cannot record audio"... oh wow, I forgot it doesn't load VSTs either... yikes.

good luck with it

"Reason cannot record audio"... oh wow, I forgot it doesn't load VSTs either... yikes.

I think their reasoning (oops) behind that is that it was designed to be used as an all in one straight out the box program, and that including VST hosting etc aswel would have meant less stability.

I think that re-wire pretty much makes up for this though, leaves you free to use your prefered sequencer and still run it alongside with (usualy) no problems.

I just look at reason as a plug-in rack, only time I use it on its own is for throwing down an idea for a synth or something, any arrangements or mixing is a job for pro tools.

I think their reasoning (oops) behind that is that it was designed to be used as an all in one straight out the box program, and that including VST hosting etc aswel would have meant less stability.

I think that re-wire pretty much makes up for this though, leaves you free to use your prefered sequencer and still run it alongside with (usualy) no problems.

I just look at reason as a plug-in rack, only time I use it on its own is for throwing down an idea for a synth or something, any arrangements or mixing is a job for pro tools.

Definitely, it makes sense they did it for stability reasons.

Oh yeah, that's right, re-wire... there you go, OP, re-wire Reason into another Host and you're good to go. :)

Back
Top Bottom