Stupid Desktop Items :-s

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Twisted Murderer, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Twisted Murderer

Twisted Murderer Den Tammen Belg

Well today I found on my Desktop some Items I couldn't delete. With nothing I tried for example I tried Ad-Aware, Spybot and Hitman Pro. Nothing Helped. Again it's a fact that Windows is big crap. Now I even hate Micro$$$$$$$oft more. Here's a Pic of those items.

Click here for the image

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2004
  2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

I'm not sure what Spyware you have on your system, but I wouldn't say it's fair to blame Microsoft. You really have to accept dodgy plug-ins or open e-mails to get these problems.

Judging from the items in your system tray, you have Windows Updates to do, and you have no Anti-virus and possibly no firewall (unless your behind a hardware / software firewall elsewhere).

If you can find any names for the software that's been installed, I'd suggest Googling for it to locate a patch or fix.

3. Twisted Murderer

K thx Stu. But If I use Hitman Pro it shut down IE explorer and guess what those Items are gone. But after I finished with that Hitman Pro thing they come back.

Somebody else found a link to delete them. Gonna put the link so if anybody got the smae problem he also can remove that crap.

Link :

http://66.220.17.157/help.html#uninstall

Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
    Dustek likes this.
  4. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Nice one man (y)

What's Hitman Pro by the way?

5. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

they look like they have been added thru aim or sumin :S

6. Twisted Murderer

7. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

i had a similar problem recently with icons suddenly appearing on my desktop, which came back every time i restarted the computer. Even worse though, this spyware actually changed my dial up connection settings to dial a premium rate number ISP - which kept the same name & user ID as the last ISP so the only way you knew was the different ringing tones coming out of your modem :shrug:

im 99.9% sure i didnt have to accept or open anything to get that spyware - although i did foolishly have my firewall turned off while visiting a *speciality* website :D

8. PeTzZz

PeTzZz Retired DnB Listener

Tired of windows? Install linux. Fedora for example:
    http://fedora.redhat.com/

It has great support community and it gets better every year (new releases come in 6 months period).

I have used it for 4 months already and I am very happy with it. Don't want to use windows any more.

9. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

No need to get rid of Windows - get Firefox. No more spyware or adware 'by accident'. Add a freeware firewall and you should be fine.

However if you download 'freeware' that is actually 'spyware' you'll still get into trouble.

Spybot Search & Destroy PLUS Ad-aware should get rid of everything but you need to close down your browsers and connection while they run. You might need to put in a few runs before everything is purged.