Studio One

Discussion in 'Production' started by Brex, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Brex

Brex The house guy

Don't see much info around about this DAW. I'm loving the intuitive workflow, GUI is polished and well laid out. Can't comment on performance as my machine is a bit overkill. Couldn't find much in the most used DAWs tips thread so am wondering if there's any other others users? Got any tips and tricks? Any nuances or praises?

2. Sedatator

Sedatator New Member

I'm using Studio One as well, really like the workflow and the ease of use. I would recommend that you watch Audio's advanced music production tutorial on youtube, you can learn quite a lot about using the program from it.

Brex likes this.
  3. Know One

Know One Living A Lie

What tuner VST is he using on his master channel he shows in the beginning of the video? Seems kinda cool. So it will show the key of any sample you audition while flipping through your sample folder?

4. Sedatator

Sedatator New Member

The Tuner VST is the stock one, which you can find in Studio One and yes, that is the basic idea of it, however i have found that it does not always work, particularly with short samples.

5. Brex

Brex The house guy

It's not a third party one. It comes with Studio One. There must be a third party VST that does the same though.

6. Know One

Know One Living A Lie

GVST GTune is the only 3rd party one that I know about personally that seems similor. Anyone know of one better than GTune?

7. daveyberkowitz

daveyberkowitz Member

I have one buddy who makes solid tracks and uses studio one. he hasnt convinced me to try yet, but did say its an easy jump from ableton

8. sann

sann Member

I've been using S1 for 3+ year now and i love it. Everything is very simple and easy to understand.
    Can't think of any tips to give you because its all so simple in s1.
    Theres few builtin plugins that i use for every project, the EQ in s1 sucks imo, so you would have to find something better for EQing.

9. Know One

Know One Living A Lie

How long has studio one been around? I never meet anyone that used it, but watching that Audio tutorial made the thing look pretty cool and inviting.