Studio One < pitching>

Discussion in 'Production' started by Balthazaar, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

I am trying demo version of studio one but i just cant figure it out how to transpose samples without time stretch,is this even possible?
    I know i can pitch samples without stretching artifacts when i load it up in sampler,but i want to pitch them,when i just put them in track lane like in fl studio for example.Anyone know how can i do this?

Thanks.

2. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Press F4 to bring up the inspector or click the i symbol in the top left of the program. Then select your sample and the transpose/volume etc options will appear in the lower left of the screen.

Balthazaar likes this.
  3. Binary_UK

Binary_UK Binary.

right click samples, and use either transpose or tune, after a while it becomes natural and a great way of doing things

Balthazaar likes this.
  4. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

Thanks for quick reply guys i tried that but for me it sounds like it has time stretch artifacts.I am looking for that natural kinda pitch like when u pitch your sample it actually changes length of sample(dont know how to properly explain) so here is picture
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so if you are familiar with fl studio you will know what i am trying to explain
    when i turn that knob in fl it changes length of sample and pitch.

5. flopix

flopix Member

Hold Shift + Ctrl then point your mouse to the end of the sample until you get a symbol then just pull left or right if thats what you mean.

Balthazaar likes this.
  6. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Oh k i get it, don't think i've done what you're describing in studio one before so maybe it's not a feature, but would seem retarded to leave it out...

7. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

Re: Studio One &lt; pitching&gt;

tried that it doesn't work:(

- - - Updated - - -

yep it seems studio one doesn't have that option i searched everywhere and i found on their forum users complain about that:(
    Basically you could do that,but only if you load every sample in sampler,but not when u drag and drop audio on track lane,which is really time consuming..

8. flopix

flopix Member

Re: Studio One &lt; pitching&gt;

Sorry mate i wasn't at home.Just hold alt and go to the end of the sample until a triangle and an arrow appear.