Studio Monitors?

spirlox

Robot Chicks Turn Me On.
What does everyone use for studio montiors?
I've been looking a bit, but I figure I'd ask for some opinions..
Is it worth it to spend more?
What company is best to look at?
I'd like to find something around $800-$1000/pr. (Post prices in pounds if you like, i'll figure it out)
Thanks!

from the other monitors thread:
alesis mk1 mk2's, best monitors in their price range imo

altho, for a bedroom producer you're better off with some nice headphones, also imo.
just got some beyerdynamic Dt990, and their sound is pure sex compared to my alesis m1s.
i reckon for the £100 you'll spend on the cans, you're not gonna get any more accurate monitoring.
The next step would be a pair of adam A7, sub, and sound treating your room, so we're talking close to a grand here.
Cans all the way! (y)

yeh, saw that thread after i posted this.. lol.
so would the alesis mk1/2's do the trick? or would it be beneficial to look at a higher price range..

id get some nice headphones.. you wont annoy your neighbours, could use them to mix, too and most probably get smoother sound.

otherwise, why not test the alesis? if they doesnt suit you, you could send them back?

yeh, saw that thread after i posted this.. lol.
so would the alesis mk1/2's do the trick? or would it be beneficial to look at a higher price range..

well, like i said, you going to get better sound from headphones, but if you just have to have monitors, then defo the alesis. as i said before on these pages, i simply could not justify spending more than the £200 the alesis cost for someone who's a hobbyist with production.

but if i was minted, id go for Adam's.(y)

well, like i said, you going to get better sound from headphones, but if you just have to have monitors, then defo the alesis. as i said before on these pages, i simply could not justify spending more than the £200 the alesis cost for someone who's a hobbyist with production.

but if i was minted, id go for Adam's.(y)

yeh, i've heard headphones are the best... the only problem i have with that is a paranoia that i might go deaf.. lol. I'm using some akg k151 dj headphones right now, and am pretty happy with the truth in their sound, but the loud-ass noises in close proximity to my ears are freakin me out. :P

i do want to go big with my studio, and am only starting with the monitors cuz of the deaf issue so i'll definitely check out the alesis and others around that price range.. maybe look into some pro studio headphones too.

thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom