DnB Studio monitors?

philfyphil

Not sure if there's been a post up before but I'm looking to buy some new monitor for my studio? I've got some genelec 8030 and they were fine for my bedroom set up but now I'm moving everything into a proper studio where I can afford to make more noise, so am looking for something with more sub, etc.

I've been told to look out for the mackie 824 mk1 but as there not sold anymore I can't find any second hand ones anywhere?

Any other ideas on what ones to buy?

Thanx

I've been looking at some forums about the ax8 and a few people have been saying that there not too good with low end frequencies...Not to good as I'm producing dnb so might be a problem?

I've been looking at some forums about the ax8 and a few people have been saying that there not too good with low end frequencies...Not to good as I'm producing dnb so might be a problem?

Hence the addition of the subwoofer...?

I love my KRK6's, and my production partner has the KRK8's (which exhibit surprisingly good low-end). I plan on definitely adding a KRK sub to my setup in the future.

sentry500sfv.JPG

Oh yeah, those are 12" woofers there.

Picked up a pair of these EV Sentry 500s (in black though) for $200. Yeah, everyone digs on them and they weigh 75 pounds each, but I think they're great cause they're big! Add in my bathtub sized "two fisher 15" floor speakers turned into one subwoofer" and that pretty much gives me an excuse for my mastering ability. But hey, at a total of $250, including the amp (blown fuse, stupid store) I can say that it's really loud and bassy.

Last edited:
There is an old add on gumtree but think theyve sold as ain't replying to my emails...Ah cheers riisu gonna give them a try!

Back
Top Bottom