STUDIO HEADPHONES ???

Radius

Its all a scam so start stealing
VIP Junglist
HI
Any ideas on what are the best headphones for checking a mixdown in terms of accurate sound reproduction...I have monitors but sometimes it would be nice not to upset the whole neighborhood :)

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
very good question, if theres a headset that you actually can use to get a good mixdown id really like to know. ive been told countless times its pointless to even try but alas ive got paper walls

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
I read it was a bad move to mix down tunes in headphones. I'll try and find the magazine article when I get home (y) :)

Radius

Its all a scam so start stealing
VIP Junglist
Must admit every time I have (probably as much due to tired ears as colouration) it has either been top or bottom heavy just like the missus opps no she's top and bottom heavy...doh:love:

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
yeah thats what i heard. but hypothetically speaking, if one were forced to, whatd be the best alternative? the headset with the best fequency response. shitll probably cost the same as a pair of decent monitors though.

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
A set with a great response would be a lot better than a set of monitors for the same price.

This then leads you to the problem - if you high fidelity, then you track might sound very crap on lower quality equipment.

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Read the link I gave you.

It gives you the full info from an engineer POA.

HOWEVER you have to remember bass response in dnb will be sorely affected by headphones.