Studio Headphones

Dissiopathic

Hi, i'm going to update my headphones, i have 200/300€ budget

What are your suggestions for a decent pair of studio monitor headphones??

yeah beyerdynamic catch my interests. my local store have dt990 or dt770, the dt770 i think have too much bass.. i would like to test the dt990..
unfortunately they don't have akg712.

however do you own the dt880?

I'd go for the 990s as they're open. More comfortable for long seshes. Yes I own 880s they're semi open. I love em.

The beyerdynamics have super low frequency response which is good for dnb. Can be pretty difficult/guesswork mixing sub on monitors so the headphones are good as another reference.

I bought the sennheiser hd 280 pro about 6 months ago and I'm really happy with it. the sound is very good and the frequency response is pretty flat I find (I'm no expert :p ), there's no boost on the low frequency or anything like that

I have some Sennheiser HD headphones but I like my $100 Sony MDR7506 headphones a lot more. It just comes down to personal opinion but the Sony 7506's let me hear every detail so clearly, that's why I love em.

Finally i've bought a pair of dt990, i've tested for an hour both dt880 and dt990..
The dt880 have more balanced sound and for me they are also bit more detailed. However i bought the dt990 because this one have more bass, (in my track i overpower too much the bass so this can be an helpful thing when i'm producing.. At the moment the dt990 is great for me, next time i can look for choosing another level of headphones..

Thanks everybody for the help!

I leave a small clip of a work in progress.

Back
Top Bottom