Studio headphones?

KaosVerket

Hey guys!
i've been searching the forum but only finds old threads about this so i make a new one one.

Can you give any tips on Studio headphones? I was going to buy Krk Rokit 6 but my room isnt suitable for monitors after some research, my friends tells me i should buy "Sennheiser HD600" but would be cool if you could recommend some before i go the the shop and test them out! The price range doesnt matter coz i saved money for the monitors, and is there something else i should think of?

Dunno, i recently got myself a Creative Xfi Titanium HD with a pair of HD595's and im completely fine with this setup. I'd say that HD595 is enough. Right now if i had the money to get decent monitor speakers then i would maybe pass the headies. Proper monitors are better than headphones at some aspects in my opinion. Ive read and heard that the music should be produced with setup that the listeners use.

It would be a good choice to go with a AKG K 271 MK II Studio or one of the more expensive Senheisser headphones. I would invest in a headphone of around €150,- if you want something good.

It would be a good choice to go with a AKG K 271 MK II Studio or one of the more expensive Senheisser headphones. I would invest in a headphone of around €150,- if you want something good.

aah cool! will check them out

Have u made a decision on the soundcard? Whats the source where ur listening from?

I gonna buy Audio dj 6 from Native instrument (so i can also use it for my old pioneer mk2's) there shouldnt be any problem with that one right?
Ableton from my laptop. (does it matter?)

ive got hd650s and would really recommend them they have really nice low bass response but need to be driven properly to get the best out of them also as your friend suggests check out the hd600 which are a bit cheaper and are more flat in the low end than the hd650s

ive got hd650s and would really recommend them they have really nice low bass response but need to be driven properly to get the best out of them ...
It totally makes sense, HD650's are 300ohm. A soundcard will definately be not enough for these. My HD595's are 50ohm and they work fine on my Titanium HD.

Thanks for the tips guys! Gonna check them out soon and make a decision.

But do u think the audio 6 soundcard from native instrument will be great for the headphones? :slick:

Heres a Sound on Sound article from last year, really thorough review of a selection headphones, well worth checking out. http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan10/articles/studioheadphones.htm

The audio 6 looks pretty good, lot of competition around that sort of price though so worth looking around a bit.

Exactly what i needed! Thanks a lot man

The thing is i gonna use traktor for my pioneer 800mk2 and mixer (which now stands just collecting dust) and also for studio work so it works hand in hand :)

Back
Top Bottom