Studio Drummer (What do you use?)

khujo1023

So I've been writing my drums from one shot samples forever and have recently started to work inside of studio drummer to get more of a 'human' feel on the velocity, ghost notes and swing. Its a heavy learning process so far but I'm really liking it.

What do you use to write your drums? Do you have any methods/tricks to share? Lets tacoboutit.

I prefer samples than these programs personally. I'll use hardware if I want that feel... or just mess with velocity on midi.

Studio drummer sounds amazing though need to grab it.

Dude, I really like it and have always stuck with adjusting the velocity but with studio drummer it actually triggers a different sample rather than the volume. So far it seems to make quite a bit of difference.

It depends on the track im working on but I usually use Battery 4 and the transient master that come with Komplete 11. I used to use samples and 1 shots to make my breaks but I got komplete and the things you could do with all the plugins that are included with Komplete is awesome.

It depends on the track im working on but I usually use Battery 4 and the transient master that come with Komplete 11. I used to use samples and 1 shots to make my breaks but I got komplete and the things you could do with all the plugins that are included with Komplete is awesome.

I'll admit, I was slow to start using some of the things in Komplete outside of Kontakt and Reactor. The more I jump in the more I'm in love, hosting it inside of maschine can be taxing on the system. I am in love with the transient master but picked up Neutron and cant look back after that. Its transient shaper features are amazing and the graphical representation helps a lot. Obviously its most advertised feature (track listener) isn't great for DnB as its setup for more of a live recording analyzer but I will see what it recommends on some of my acoustic samples before tweaking it myself.

Back
Top Bottom