studio discussion/pictures thread

The dark months loom so its time to get back into some production, so i thought id tidy up and buy some new gear... I bought the Push to try and avoid my usual programming workflow and learn some music theory and the circuit is a no brainer since its the ultimate step sequencer right now IMO. Next up is an update on the monitors... However im a little scared since ive had these a few years and maybe im finally getting used to the dodgy low end. (suggestions welcome £500)

Other bits...

Akai S01 sampler
Emu Audacity 2000
Waldorf Blofeld
Old Behringer Tube Composer
Yamaha REX50
maki ProFX 12

Softs...

Ableton Suite
FM8
Serum
And some Ipad/Android things... Pretty cool :)

ogvpk3.jpg

This was my first set up 4 years ago, LOL...

29mu9uo.jpg

Interested to see waht you guys are using now?

looks nice man its come along way! big screen looks nice and quick to work with. i couldnt say if id recommend any speakers that would be light years better than the rokits for under 500, i mean id probably save a bit and have a look at some adams for a bit extra. i think it would worth taking a bigger leap in sound quality if you were to upgrade!

Snapchat-895779219389114614.jpg

excuse the writing it was a snapchat, but the fur throw is pretty peng haha, it will be moved into a bigger space sometime next month, i think more lights and rugs will be my first addition its pointless really but comfort imo is the most important thing and having an ergonomic setup to your own needs really makes it breaks it

Last edited:
The dark months loom so its time to get back into some production, so i thought id tidy up and buy some new gear... I bought the Push to try and avoid my usual programming workflow and learn some music theory and the circuit is a no brainer since its the ultimate step sequencer right now IMO. Next up is an update on the monitors... However im a little scared since ive had these a few years and maybe im finally getting used to the dodgy low end. (suggestions welcome £500)

Other bits...

Akai S01 sampler
Emu Audacity 2000
Waldorf Blofeld
Old Behringer Tube Composer
Yamaha REX50
maki ProFX 12

Softs...

Ableton Suite
FM8
Serum
And some Ipad/Android things... Pretty cool :)

ogvpk3.jpg

This was my first set up 4 years ago, LOL...

29mu9uo.jpg

Interested to see waht you guys are using now?

Looks like you've come a long way, I love the ambiance of your new setup

ooooo noice!!!!!
Cheers man, hows yours looking?

Still need to upgrade speakers here but yanow im kinda used to rokkits so im ok for now. And have the DT990s if i need to be a bit more precise.

Also ive learned a bit about reverbs in rooms recently and it seems having your set up corner to corner is best in particular if you have a bass trap on opposite corner.

IMG_20171113_171328.jpg

View from the dance floor featuring my Buddha statue...

IMG_20171113_171356.jpg

View from behind the controls (minus my turntables I recently sold unfortunately)

IMG_20171113_171438.jpg

When the light's go out =)

IMG_20171113_171519.jpg

My original copy of "Amen Brother" a drawing by my deceased best friend and a copy of "Panda Style"

IMG_20171113_171528.jpg

And a kitty cat in a hot air balloon because it's fucking awesome!!!

:rasta:

Nice setups guys! @Manu Forti how are you liking the push?

Its decent im not a masive theory fan but i use it often for automation and messing with arps.

Still find myself reaching for real keys when it comes to writing actual melodies though. May just be my preference thoguh. It' defo a useful tool and the potential for mixing is very interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom