STUDENT RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by richie_stix, Nov 10, 2010.

1. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

2. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Absolutely fucking right...

They want to charge £12k a year in fees when they never paid a penny themselves! This is class war...the toffs are trying to prevent social mobility by keeping uni for their children! They want to bring back the feudal system and keep themselves at the top...easiest way to do it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

that is quite the accepted theory... they want us shit eaters to 'know our place'!

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

looks like fun hell i wanna riot. we had one just the other day, my mate was in it, throwing stones at the police and shit, he said the police brutality was increduble, said he didnt even know police did that to people

5. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

6. ThePapa

Two points really...

Uni is full of bullshit courses that were brought in so that the middle classes could sit at a dinner party and tell each other that 50% of young people went to uni. Quite why they felt the need to say that is beyond me since alot less than one in two of us is academically gifted nor is there a market place need for people who've studied 'multi-media' or 'travel and tourism'...

A large percentage of students...especially guys...fail their first year or struggle through a couple before dropping out. I've seen the most innocent, feckless 18 year olds take out loans of just under £8k a year despite them having asolutely no understanding of just how serious that is. People that age dont give a shit about anything and those in charge know it...

I used to help process student loans and I can tell you they're a form of child abuse. The bastards...

7. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

Rather than upping the fees, they should get rid of the numerous fucking pointless courses they provide for everyone.

i mean nottingham do a 3 year programme on robin hood studies? is that designed to propel you into a career of robbing from the state?
    9k a year is just stupid, im gona come out with around 20k of debt as it is. 9000 + around 3-4 k maintenance loans means your looking at being 21/22 with 40k worth of debt.

student finance is a joke, managed to lose both my parents financial documents they had to provide, told me i had given them correct documentation then gave me my loan 3 weeks late.

8. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

They are both cunts tbh. I'm glad I never went to uni. The amount of people I know who whine about being in debt from their student loans, drives me loco.

9. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

there're always some arseholes in the majority. i know im gona get in debt from it, but then the idea is you have supposedly better job prospects and theoretically more capacity to pay off the debt etc etc. the rioting thing has been taken out of hand by the media, i've got a few mates down there now who say its no where near as bad as its being described

10. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

there is video for it on the bbc home page.

stupid thing is it is only the people that are doing the shitty doss waste of time courses that have gone to the protests. If you do a real degree you don't have the time for that shit.

11. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

easy there mate... i agree with most of what you have said, except that the media is a massive industry worth fucking shit loads... ergo not all media courses are waste!

I did a graphic design course, often seen by snobs as a micky mouse course... but it is these industries that will pave the way for britain of the future!

12. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Don't forget you have an OBE in Whore-Mouthing

13. Thin and crispy

Thin and crispy Active Member

even an idiot would know not to kick even slightly reinforced glass thru from the bottom... some1 needs to get down with machete VIP

14. ThePapa

No offense but I can see you were drawn in by all the literature surrounding the course and the language it uses to sell itself...but were you lucky enough to find a job in that area afterwards? Unfortunately those in charge tripled the number of graduates without magiking up the equivalent number of jobs...that's lose lose all round mate.

It also means that the media (heavily influenced by those in power) will occasionally come up with puff piece stories about successful 'niche industries' that will rise to take those extra graduates on...fucking funny when you know they were only doing it to suck up to a Labour government.

15. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

yeah man, good job... good prospects for promotion and furthering my career... and i wasn't drawn in, i'd always planned to go to further education (middle class white family, init) and design is what i'm good at.

however, i will admit i could have learnt that shit on my own, whilst getting experience (the thing that held me back post uni was having none!), and just built up debt with the rents!?

i also agree with you that there are bare bullshit courses, like my bros bird (see 'caption this pic' thread) did media something... and one piece of coursework was to go to a rave and film it! and that wont get you nothing... but everyone in my company (software and book publishing [in house]) went to uni to learn their trade... all based round graphic/3D design and programming!

16. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

Sums it all up really:

[​IMG]

17. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

haha Riche, you think that course is stupid... they do bible studies here in sheff. biggest waste of time and money ever. has been close to being cut so many times its ridiculous, in fact now i think you can only do it as part of a english literature degree.

18. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

Lets just hope no-one throws a shoe eh.

19. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

ive always wanted to be part of a riot but am never in the right place at the right time, i just want to stand at the back and hurl missiles, sod all that confrontation on the front line bollox.

Just see the news report of it, someone throws a fire extingusher at the police of the roof and it literally bounces on the floor about 3ft infront of em. Things like this are funny, but not when someone could die from it, lil bit too far perhaps.

Sure looked fun though, id love to bust a system down there quick, imagine it

20. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

About time too!

the French know how to riot and of recent weve been pathetic rioters. Lets show the frogs how its done