DnB Stuck with this track, criticism/ideas?

Very jolly little tune dude!

I say give us another melody when it drops! Not sure if that would work but its worth having a go :D

Sick tune mate, I'd probably work on the drums if anything mate, especially the snare, get them punching through a bit more in the high end...

Yeah mate, this could be a banger, I'd focus on just making the overall mix proper full sounding, maybe not with extra layers of different sounds, just phatten up the bass and the drums as much as is humanly possible

Last edited:
not bad,more work on snare it is muffled,and of course some cutting reese bass:teeth: to fill those emptiness..

More kick/snare in the intro, another layer on both or eq to give some high snap (both sound low passed). Sub bass is a bit loud compared to the rest.
Cool stuff tho.

thanks so much for all the feedback guys, means alot, great critical points and it gives me a lot to work on. I will get on it as soon as im back in brighton, hopefully get it done next week, its been a bit of a turning point this one, 6 months of learning with nothing to show then i laid this down in an evening, guess perseverance is key!

Eq the drums abit so they stand out more, that bass is niceness though well done. As for layout, maybe bring a few more sounds in? synths, keys, strings, vocals.

Eq the drums abit so they stand out more, that bass is niceness though well done. As for layout, maybe bring a few more sounds in? synths, keys, strings, vocals.

big ups dude, little secret, bass is just an 808 in a sampler with some flexing and distortion thrown on top ;)

got a nice little string section going on now and drums are sounding much fatter and cleaner, a couple more sessions and this is gunna be ready for mixing down i think :D thanks again for all the criticism gang, wouldnt be anywhere without it

Back
Top Bottom