Drum & Bass Stuck On Where To Go... Help To Cultivate Ideas?!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by T:M, Dec 3, 2011.

1. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

Hey guys,

So I started working on this kinda liquid bit last night, and I've kinda run out of ideas. I don't know how to progress further but I also think it needs something a bit more exciting with what I've already got. I really like the vibe I've got so far so I don't want to have to completely rewrite anything. It's still very, very, WIP though. Any insights/ideas/suggestions/criticism is welcome.

2. Dom!Reavers!

Dom!Reavers! Member

nice bassline, i think the drums could do with beefing up, maybe throw in a break or two and some hats/tamborines to add some pace? maybe just some melodic elements like a stab or a stronger melody over the top will fill it out nicely, good work so far, big up!

3. T:M

Thanks! I'll work on the drums some then. There's actually a shit ton of hats used I guess, I have to bring them up in the mix some, either that or swap them out for some breaks.

4. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

Good work man so far sounds ok just needs some better mixdown,why don't you try adding some choirs to this one like aaaaaah,hmmm:),and some female voice singing some phrase,i think it would sound good!

5. T:M

Nice one! Try adding some epic choir biznizz when I get t my computer!