Structure for a DNB Track

This is music. Music is art. Art is structureless. In other words: YOU decide what structure you'll use. A 16bar intro? a 32bar intro? a 48bar intro? It's up to you. Just keep in mind that human ears are most accustumed with 2X bar sections, so for a more "ear friendly" structure, the perfect spot is to use 4 bar, 8 bar, 16 bar, 32 bar, 64 bar and so on.

As Mania said, listen to your favorite artists songs, and count the bars, write it down and there you go.

Best advice I've seen on here is placing your snare on the 5th beat of a bar. Crazy technical ability is required though :teeth:

I've seen this kind of beat before. It gives a broken deliciousness to the track, when properly applied, of course.

I'm, on my free time, trying to put a prog-rock/metal kind of beat into a Dnb. You know, like putting Mike Portnoy's drum lines on it. Pretty hard to make it sound good, though.

I've seen this kind of beat before. It gives a broken deliciousness to the track, when properly applied, of course.

I'm, on my free time, trying to put a prog-rock/metal kind of beat into a Dnb. You know, like putting Mike Portnoy's drum lines on it. Pretty hard to make it sound good, though.

I've been drumming for a while, and if you're going, you NEED to focus on the relationship between the kick and the snare, and the melodic movements absolutely MUST coincide with that groove.

I've been drumming for a while, and if you're going, you NEED to focus on the relationship between the kick and the snare, and the melodic movements absolutely MUST coincide with that groove.

What I find most difficult is to fit a, for example, 6/8 time signature pattern into a common time pattern.

Back
Top Bottom