Strong Element - Reactor - Halfstep

im not really into the dubstep but from a technical standpoint i guess it could do with a bit of phatness to the drums, the highs were really crisp and nicely audible, but really lacked a lower punch, where i would assume the deep kick drum would be a driving force in dubstep (??)

the bassline was alright although a bit odd of a melody i guess, a bit grating after a while if you know what i mean, that could be because of the key or the progression, maybe make it a bit more grittier, and interesting, maybe just tweak the lfo so its fully wet, if you know what i mean, instead of loose..

also you could lightly sidechain it to make the kick drum have more impact.

im not really into the dubstep but from a technical standpoint i guess it could do with a bit of phatness to the drums, the highs were really crisp and nicely audible, but really lacked a lower punch, where i would assume the deep kick drum would be a driving force in dubstep (??)

the bassline was alright although a bit odd of a melody i guess, a bit grating after a while if you know what i mean, that could be because of the key or the progression, maybe make it a bit more grittier, and interesting, maybe just tweak the lfo so its fully wet, if you know what i mean, instead of loose..
thing is i have here hand writed wobbles . and i dont want to make it tight, i like it loose more (i tryed non- loose system too)

also you could lightly sidechain it to make the kick drum have more impact.

Thnx for feedback.
Im agreed with everything except that melody part :D
But im working on it
anyways
i had it sidechained before but i think i holded threshold on -23db (changed -30,3 db)
I made drums fat as you gave me advice.

Anyways thnx for listening :)
Cheers!

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

http://soundcloud.com/strongelement/the-strong-element-reactor3

updated version

Well its pretty good. Nice thing to start with.
The bass needs a little work I think, sound a little not okay but don't know what it is.
Drums are cool, I'm looking forward to the end result!

Back
Top Bottom