Strings/pads for Liquid DnB

modern

What do you use? I'm having a hard time finding trying to find something that fits

I've used Orchestral, Massive and Nexus so far

What do you guys use or find what's best?

There's a lot of sample packs made specifically for orchestral sounds

for me its about the layers not what instrament you use......you get some nice spacey sounds if you layer a very basic string with some white noise and a low pitched synth

for me its about the layers not what instrament you use......you get some nice spacey sounds if you layer a very basic string with some white noise and a low pitched synth

Do you use the same eq process on each white sound you add to every layer or do you adjust them to have the same frequency range as said instrument your layering it with?

Do you use the same eq process on each white sound you add to every layer or do you adjust them to have the same frequency range as said instrument your layering it with?

Do you mean put them down in the same key?.......with white noise the sound doesnt really change much wherever you lay it down. Just layer it and play them together then lower (or raise) the volumn of the white noise until the sounds become one so to speak......then add some effects to further mould the sounds...i start with some reverb to fatten the whole sound, dont over do it though, you dont want the white noise to trail off after the strings have finished playing....i sometimes automate the volumn to lose the white noise gradually which also gives the strings some life..,,adding some chorus and maybe a slight filter pass.

Its a bit hit n miss the way i do it....i could spend an whole session playing about until i find something i like....if you search my posted threads somewhere theres a link to a liquid track i done called "millie - rose"....have a listen to that for an example of my strings which are layered with white noise. (or in my sig theres a link to my soundcloud....the track millie rose uses these methods for the strings)

Do you mean put them down in the same key?.......with white noise the sound doesnt really change much wherever you lay it down.
No not in the same key.
A un equalised white sound generates sound in the frequency spectrum and covers pretty much the whole spectrum.

My question is do you cut down some of the parts on the eq scale or do you simply just layer the white sound unmodified with an instrument?

Edit: if you dont understand what i mean tell me and i'll draw a picture that explains it more clearly

Last edited:
We can agree to disagree, but the OP was asking for suggestions & what we use. For pads & surreal (i.e. non-organic) strings, Absynth is fine to use.

For more organic flavors, Kontakt is quite good, as is Sculpture is you're using Logic.

I've used Absynth off and on, never really in a tune I've produced, to be honest. Because I can't seem emit ideas off of it; that's my fault as a producer, though. Been having really bad writers block with getting off the ground, but once I do I'm firing away ideas. I tried collabing with Dj Rezonate (I honestly cant remember if it's Rezonate or Rezonance :lol:) I started making the melodies and he said he was going somewhere for a bit, never got back to me after that. Haha, oh well though, people got their own shit going on. But yeah, Nexus was my go-to when I was just starting out, I thought it was god-like, lol. I usually use orchestral, absynth or just make my own pads in NI Massive (depending on how you go there, you can make some great stuff, but a lot of the times it just sounds too synthetic). Some great pads I love are Total Science & S.P.Y - Piano Funk ft Riya - I've assumed that's just some strings with a high pass and some other effect going on. And also Lenzman - Bittersweet (pt 2) ft Riya. Great pads. I appreciate your understanding too with surrealism, etc. I'll check out Kontakt for sure, I've seen that name getting thrown back and forth all the times, so maybe it's time for me to get off my ass and go searching again.

Cheers, man. And thanks too all; appreciate all your time taken.

We can agree to disagree, but the OP was asking for suggestions & what we use. For pads & surreal (i.e. non-organic) strings, Absynth is fine to use.

For more organic flavors, Kontakt is quite good, as is Sculpture is you're using Logic.
I guess im lost here, i never disagreed?!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom