Strife II - You & Me Forever (Post-rock liquid) - Featured on Liquicity

StrifeII

Just thought I would post this here! Had some success with liquicity over the last year so very happy to have this one uploaded :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3bS_CjIwXQ&list=UUSXm6c-n6lsjtyjvdD0bFVw&index=4

The mix isn't great but I ripped my hair out with it, and this is as good as I could get it after some exhausting mixing. One of the useful tricks was definitely to automate the volume of the intro pads that play throughout the track, almost to silence during the busy sections. Long, sweeping volume curves work great in this style.

really love the ideas man, sounding very nice, just ur drums are a bit low in the mix that is my only problem the arrangement and everything is beautiful, just the drums are lost in the background, maybe thats the effect u were going for, sounds nice though

Very cool, definitely has that post-rock feel to it. Well done! If I were to change anything, I think I would bump up the volume on the snare/rims a bit, and maybe try to tame the kick drum a little; get more click in it, cut out some of the lower bass parts; it's a little boomy at the moment, whereas I would prefer it to be more dry and precise. Very nice though, I like it a lot!

Back
Top Bottom