Strictly 2011

t345e

VIP Junglist
Phace & Misanthrop – Energie
>> Noisia & Phace – Program
>> Ram Trilogy – No Reality (Noisia Remix)
Optiv & BTK – Lurker
Culture Shock – Machine
>> Wilkinson – Overdose
Rockwell – BTKRSH
>> Break – Something New
Fresh – Gatekeeper
>> Enei – Cracker (Jubei Remix)
DJ Nut Nut – Special Dedication (Sigma Remix)
Taktix – It’s the Way (Serum Remix)
Origin Unknown – Lunar Bass (Commix Remix)
Enei – Slow Motion
>> Original Sin – Move
Hazard – Proteus
Foreign Concept & Bringa – Cemetery
Loadstar – Hit the Ground
Misanthrop – Latitude
Inside Info – Honey Bee
Phace & Rockwell – Rat Race
Optiv & BTK – Backlash
>> S.P.Y & Kasra – Surface
Hazard – Food Fight
Sub Focus – Stomp
>> Icicle – I Feel U
Ulterior Motive – Seven Segments
Sub Zero – Poon
Icicle & Commix – Ultraclean
Culture Shock – Ohwurm
Villem – Do You I Wanna
Phace – Basic Memory
Enei – Movin Fast
Need For Mirrors – Skip Rope
Phace & Rockwell – NO!
Optiv & BTK – Inception
Culture Shock – Protection
>> Hamilton – Echoes
Skeptical & Dub Phizix – Marka
>> Wilkinson – Pistol Whip

http://soundcloud.com/t345e-1/strictly-2011

shall get on this soon man, got a few mixes to check through and feedback to so itl probs take me a few days haha!
looks tasty though man (y)

Ah cheers man, I haven't got round to listening to yours yet but it is one of the next in line. So many mixes to listen to! Almost too many! Hope you like it mate.

Very nice mate! Really enjoyed the mix, I was glad you've gone for a little bit techier stuff. I use a few identic blends myself (Machine > BTKRSH, Ultraclean > Ohrwurm) and digged most of the others, especially Proteus > Cemetery and No! > Inception aswell as teasing No Reality Remix and I Feel U. Beatmatching was nearly perfect, EQ'ing too. So there's really not much to add here, wicked work :)

yes lovin it so far mate, cheers

Cheers mate nice one glad you like it!

I've had a look on Amazon, HMV and on the official SCD website.

Brilliant, did you find your anus?

Very nice mate! Really enjoyed the mix, I was glad you've gone for a little bit techier stuff. I use a few identic blends myself (Machine > BTKRSH, Ultraclean > Ohrwurm) and digged most of the others, especially Proteus > Cemetery and No! > Inception aswell as teasing No Reality Remix and I Feel U. Beatmatching was nearly perfect, EQ'ing too. So there's really not much to add here, wicked work :)

Ah thanks so much man, good to hear. Glad you were feelin those mixes, eqing and beatmatchin were a bit loose at times but it was my first stab at recording with three wheels. Plus I had one too many gin an tonics! Rinsed both of your mixes both quality man.

will be checking pal!

got lots of mixes stacking up to listen to...will be right back with some feedback soon.

ez.

Safe stu mate, thanks man let me know what you think geez.

What did you use to record this? The mixing sounds big but I think its let down quite a bit by the quality of the recording... but it could just be me?

Best bits for me were probably Honey Bee >>> Rat Race and the Stomp >>> I Feel U tease, using the delayed drop like that sounded cool! Then straight into seven segments was big!

Sometimes the tunes would go very slightly out, and I think when this happens you sometimes had too much mid coming through from the background tune which makes the slight off-ness (thats probably not a word?!) more obvious, especially from the snares.

But deffo a big mix! Will be sure to check out you're future ones!

What did you use to record this? The mixing sounds big but I think its let down quite a bit by the quality of the recording... but it could just be me?

Best bits for me were probably Honey Bee >>> Rat Race and the Stomp >>> I Feel U tease, using the delayed drop like that sounded cool! Then straight into seven segments was big!

Sometimes the tunes would go very slightly out, and I think when this happens you sometimes had too much mid coming through from the background tune which makes the slight off-ness (thats probably not a word?!) more obvious, especially from the snares.

Safe man thanks for the reply.

Yes gutted about the recording quality, it's annoying cos the recorded wav sounded fine but then as soon as i saved it as a 320 something went a bit wrong, just doesnt sound as clean. Was using goldwave which has never let me down before. But yeh couldnt agree more.

I know exactly what you mean about having too much mid on the track less prominent in the mix, gonna have to address that shit. When it does go slightly out I cringe.

Glad you like those mixes man, that rat race honey bee's one of my favourites, the drums sit well nice together.

Thanks again man, your latest mix was top drawer, banger after banger, will feedback as soon as I can mayn.

only recently started bringing mid out more for this purpose , really helps!

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

will check this mix mate d/l'n now

loved that lil switch during the breakdown of program before the drop.
big couple of tease mixes to open with. and lurker mix was mad!
really dont like machine. i must be the only one. mix is cool tho
gotta ffwrd, i detest overdose so much.. btkrsh was wkd with machine.
gaykeeper and cracker were nice too.

the vocal clash on spec dedi and the way wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be at first... took a turn for the worse when the way's vocals got more complex.

would have brought slow motion in when the intro drums cut away just b4 the drop.
sorry gotta ffwrd past move..

proteus and cemetery were nice, shame the vocals clashed on the drops but hey.

i see the idea behind cemetery and hit the ground. i thought they would have worked, but they didn't imo

honey bee was bigness.

got confused by the tracklist . food fight was before some others, i thought id missed something.

stomp was cool. and mixed with 7 segments, that was mega

poon gets the ffwrd treatment 2

oh worm and i wanna was swish as

loved basic memory when i wanna came back in.

quite liked skip rope and no!
wasnt sure on the inception blend. half of the bar i liked and not the other half. if that makes sense.

pistol whip with marka was cool. thought it was gonna be gash but no. pistol whip was quite loud druing its into tho.

overal mix was wicked mate. really liked it. a few tracks that i cant personally stand but thats just my view. a real varied selection of bangers from last year. well played on fusing them together.
mixing was safe and was impressed by ur eq work.

Ok time for some very long overdue feedback…

Phace & Misanthrop – Energie Big intro! Nice opener
>> Noisia & Phace – Program Yes, wicked stuff intros worked a treat together and sounded sick on the drop.
>> Ram Trilogy – No Reality (Noisia Remix) Straight in there, nice fast mixing.
Optiv & BTK – Lurker and again, very impressed with your speed so far, loved the build up to this one.
Culture Shock – Machine yeah nice, keep em doubles coming!
>> Wilkinson – Overdose not bad
Rockwell – BTKRSH yeah done this one myself, big mix EQs spot on.
>> Break – Something quite loud when it dropped, great little tease though.
Fresh – Gatekeeper cool
>> Enei – Cracker (Jubei Remix) yes, sick switch! Percussion worked really well together, liked the vocals from cracker with growls from gatekeeper too.
DJ Nut Nut – Special Dedication (Sigma Remix) ok, gatekeeper got lost a bit in the mix.
Taktix – It’s the Way (Serum Remix) nice mix, shame about vocals clashing.
Origin Unknown – Lunar Bass (Commix Remix) yeah liked the bass with it’s the ways vocals
Enei – Slow Motion these two sat really nicely, tasty blend.
>> Original Sin – not sure about this one
Hazard – Proteus yeah this is more like it.
Foreign Concept & Bringa – Cemetery loved the way cemetery came in sort of dragging out the growl from proteus if you know what I mean, yeh wicked stuff.
Loadstar – Hit the Ground sounded sick together when they dropped but would have switched to hit the ground earlier when the drum pattern changed.
Misanthrop – Latitude yeah nice. All the doubles so far have been pretty tight.
Inside Info – Honey Bee big mix, showing a varied selection too, big ups
Phace & Rockwell – Rat Race yeh and again wicked mix, eqed well liking the switches to the strange bits in rat race.
Optiv & BTK – Backlash think this one was foodfight instead, cool mix then backlash next was good too.
>> S.P.Y & Kasra – Surface Yes! Such a tune, loved this mix.
Hazard – Food Fight ^^
Sub Focus – Stomp yeah another big double, can imagine this going down well in a club
>> Icicle – I Feel U Oh man that is a great mix, one of my favourites so far, wish it could have rolled out for a little longer.
Ulterior Motive – Seven Segments this little section kills it, another top mix.
Sub Zero – Poon yeah ok
Icicle & Commix – Ultraclean not bad, the two tracks didn’t fuse together that well but still well mixed.
Culture Shock – Ohwurm the beat on this one can make it sound messy in the mix but I thought you got it just right, nicely done.
Villem – Do You I Wanna nailed it again, great mix.
Phace – Basic Memory smooth rolling mix, perfect.
Enei – Movin Fast liked it.
Need For Mirrors – Skip Rope yeah not bad, had me boppin along, you took out moving fast quite suddenly though lost a bit of momentum.
Phace & Rockwell – NO! wicked, NO is a lot of fun to mix with, seems to go with most styles.
Optiv & BTK – Inception Biggles, loved the bit just before the drop where inceptions bass comes in. smooth transition at the end too.
Culture Shock – Protection good change in style.
>> Hamilton – Echoes vibes! Couple really nice tracks.
Skeptical & Dub Phizix – Marka ok
>> Wilkinson – Pistol Whip yeah was all right, good to hear a slightly different marka mix than usual.

Overall a banging mix mate, really good effort. Managed to squeeze a lot in and make it work, impressive stuff.
Eqing was spot on and beatmatching was good too – loads of doubles in here and they were all tight.

Back
Top Bottom