Streets Of Rage Remake

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist

Mega Drive classic remade from scratch with cutscenes, 19 playable characters, 103 stages.

A fan remake of classic Mega Drive series Streets Of Rage, that has been in development for over eight years, has finally been released.

Work on Bomber Games’ logically titled Streets Of Rage Remake began in March 2003, and the final version is now available as a freeware download. Created entirely from scratch, the remake does not use a single line of the 1991 original’s code, its creators explaining: “It’s all based on visual interpretation, comparing how things work in the original games and trying to mimic [them].”

In addition to accurately recreating the original games' animation, score mechanic, collision detection and damage modelling, the team has also added a host of new features including cutscenes, a total of 103 stages, 19 playable characters, and remixed music and sound effects.

However, one feature that didn’t make the final release was a planned online multiplayer mode, the developers encountering problems with lag from the early stages.

Bomber Games has released Streets Of Rage Remake as freeware, and the PC version will be joined in the coming months by Wiz and Linux versions.
http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
looks awesome. i used to love arcade games beat em ups and you could switch charachters, there are quite a few for neo geo or some chipset or something. nice!

DeeGun

Notable Member
VIP Junglist
Ah man, that game had massive impact on me including the great soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro which was imo really great..sort of hardcorish:miss_rep:

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
on the subject of epic MD games & soundtracks....

red zone - my favourite game and soundtrack

Last edited by a moderator:

ZackMRG

Circles are Pointless
VIP Junglist
Luckily I downloaded this when I did, game is epic- just unlocked shiva tonight, absolute Badman.

However Sega have made bombergames take the download links off the site, fuck knows why, the game used original coding and was complete free ware.

http://www.tssznews.com/2011/04/08/sega-takes-down-streets-of-rage-remake/

Like they were going to make any more sales on the original series :s

CPR

Codec - Mirrors Audio
VIP Junglist
big fan of the old skool games, other than streets of rage a personal fav has to be another world on snes, if anyoe owns, big respect :)