Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dark Lizardro, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

RADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. or so i think, the mortal kombat series was awesome

3. Dark Lizardro

Didn't watch the MK series yet. But if it's made in the same way as this SF one, it's worth it.

4. logikz

its the other way round actually, the mk series is 1000x badass

5. Dark Lizardro

Where i can find this MK series you're talking about?

6. logikz

i beleive it was a machinima youtube special, just as this is

7. Dark Lizardro

Humm, gonna give their channel a meticulous look then.

8. logikz

aawwwwwwww yeah bodo. my brother is talking about hiring a session drummer to do the drums on our bm, apparently there are tons of drummers offering this service, but my brother is convicned he can get someone to do it for free haha

9. Dark Lizardro

Let's see: a session drummer, who is able to play at inhuman speed, blast beating the shit out his kit, then turning into a ultra-fast double bassdrum pattern. All that FOR FREE? Well, I think it's easier to get Hellhammer or Frost to play for you.

If it was a project like Punk Rock or even pop, then yes, that would be possible. But not on a demanding genre as BM.

I know that in some of those 90's bands the guy behind the kit woudn't even know the difference between a bassdrum and a tom, but he had an idea of what he wanted, and if not, called his friend from other band to play.

IMO, even on those raw-sounding BM, a little proficiency is needed, otherwise it'll sound like someone taking a huge dump.

10. logikz

i guess, but my brother insists on playing 140. even so its pretty intricate patterns. i mean, i guess. anyway, imagine if we got a good drum track for our shit? then maybe we could find a real singer and i would be out of my own band completely.

this worries me. im starting to see the downside of this whole approach. imagine if we got a session guitarist and bass player, then none of the original members would be left. it would be like a tamagotchi taking care of a tamagotchi,.

skynet, basically. fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

11. Dark Lizardro

To be honest, I never played in a band before, but from what I read, there are some musicians that work well alone (or in your case in a pair), and hire session musicians only for live gigs. I wouldn't hire a session "singer" (if we can call bm vocals singing) anyways, because most of the band's identity comes out from the vocalist. Why don't you make some singing lessons and continue doing vocals?

12. logikz

oh no, i intend on keep doing the vocals, to tell you the truth, its really fun, and i never thought i could get this close, artistically, to where i would like to be, its exactly like when i started to make dnb, i had mod files by LoK and the Jointmen and Psidream and Celsius and i thought to myself, i said to god that if i just could do what they could, that would be enough for me, then i would be content. but as the time went by, i realized i would nevber be able to do what they did, but instead, i developed a little direction of my own, and the whole thing took on a different dimension altogether.

basically what im saying is nobody can be a better optical than optical, and nobody can be a better photek than photek, but then again, nobody can be a better DarkYsidro than DarkYsidro, and thats thats thats a... thing. man. thats a real thing.

oh and it would be fun to take lessons, haha it really would. for now im just doing covers and checking tutorials, you wouldnt beleive how helpful the tutorials they have online are

13. Dark Lizardro

Yeah, man I know what you mean. I like your vocals, very Varg-ish as I said before (didn't I?). I think that some singing classes would be good for you to preserve your vocal cords from tearing up. I think that even varg must had his dose of vocal lessons. Shagrath as well.

14. logikz

much appreciated, and i knowwwww man, what in the fk, how the hell do they do it??? how dont they have a just a big hole where their larynx is? shagrath is amaxzing, and an old colleague of mine actually knows them personally, when they are in holland, he hangs out and smokes with them, you know the the bald guitarist with the moustache? haha they hung out and smoked weed in his hotel room haha. dude fell asleep pretty much instantly.

did you know "ov hell" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2jdjY5br3k) was originally supposed to have ghaal on vocals? but ghaal, being the perfectionist that he is, took too long, so king (i think its king thats written and produced the whole thing) asked shagrath, who just flew in, and tore the arse off the vocals. its basically gorgoroth but with shagrath on vocals, this time. which is pretty cool, if you think abou it.

pest, hat, ghaal, its hard to pick a favorite.

15. Dark Lizardro

From what I see in interviews, all of Dimmu Borgir artists are cool as fuck. They have this agressive personas on the stage, but truly are good guys afterall.

Favorite vocalists? Oh man. Shagrath, Legion, and many others. I also like some non BM vocalists that somewhat dwell into BM vocals, like Dani filth (I know, I know...), and the guy from Brujeria as well.

16. logikz

haha no no dani is good. i think we all remember exactly when and where we were the first time we saw the video to "from the cradle to enslave".

legion is awesome, however, his successor, mortis, is so awesome i can scarcely move, and beyond words - but im gonna write some anyway. his artistry, he is the consummate black metal vocalist, in fact, i think his vocals go much further than just that, it branches out into some sort of art rock, post rock jazz, his range is enormous, talent beyond belief, althouhgi love serpents sermon, to me, wormwood is where its at, oh my days, they just kill it on that album, they really do, wormwood and leviathans "howl mockery at the cross" MAKE A FORMIDABLE COUPLE OF HOURS just dont try to anything sexual whilst lstening to that, its... weird. really unenjoyable.

anyway did you know mortis is funeral mist? and brujeria is one of those genuinely scary bands. i think juju did a remix for them?

17. Dark Lizardro

I dunno, man. I was much into metallica when I started listening to heavy metal (15yo), and only started listening to extreme genres about 3 or 4 years later. At that time, I didn't like Cradle of Filth at all. I can't be shure why I started listening to their tunes, but well, I like Dani's vocals.

To be honest, I'm not much into Marduk's sound, although I own the Panzer Division Marduk album, and the Obedience EP. I listened to their stuff with mortis, but I didn't like his vocals that much. And I didn't know he's funeral mist.

And Brujeria is one of the best bands I've ever listened to. Of course, I naturally started listening to Napalm Death and Carcass because of them. Now I listen to some grindcore as well, like Corpse Grinder (from Brazil), Anaal Nathrak, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Nasum, Cattle Decapitation and others.

18. logikz

I could tattoo anaal nathrakh on my forehead, I honestly think they are unique, the new black, and musically genius to the point of classical music virtuosity. Just one problem, and I'm not sure I want to say it actually fk