Streaming, Radio shows and Exposure

ZackMRG

Circles are Pointless
VIP Junglist
Ez all,

I've been mixing for around eight years now, never really been able to get anywhere playing live with it because of the lack of clubs which stock 1210's, and up until recently I'd never learnt how to use CDJ's either so its only really now I feel I'd be able to take it to the next level.

I've been doing a few streams on Facebook to try and get my mixes out there in the hope the right person see's it and gets in contact with me, but my problem is that I don't seem to have much reach to the masses and I can only ever seemingly clock up 500 plays or so.

My question is this, whats the best way to try and get my mixes heard by the right people? Is it worth my trying to get a set on a digital/ online radio station and if so, are there any who would best fit DnB? All in all I'm just looking to try and play a few sets by the time the year is through, having mixed for so long I'm disappointed in myself for not having been able to get out and play live more often, so I would really like to change that this year!

Any help or info would be appreciated!

to be fair mate ive played on online radio shows, pirate radio shows, done live streams etc

Its not about mixes being seen by the right people, more about talking to the right people and asking for sets, that's got me playing out more than anything else tbh, going raves every weekend, chatting shit to loads of random people and getting to know the right people is my advice, even if they say no at least they know your looking for sets and will keep you in mind for future

Ez all,

I've been mixing for around eight years now, never really been able to get anywhere playing live with it because of the lack of clubs which stock 1210's, and up until recently I'd never learnt how to use CDJ's either so its only really now I feel I'd be able to take it to the next level.

I've been doing a few streams on Facebook to try and get my mixes out there in the hope the right person see's it and gets in contact with me, but my problem is that I don't seem to have much reach to the masses and I can only ever seemingly clock up 500 plays or so.

My question is this, whats the best way to try and get my mixes heard by the right people? Is it worth my trying to get a set on a digital/ online radio station and if so, are there any who would best fit DnB? All in all I'm just looking to try and play a few sets by the time the year is through, having mixed for so long I'm disappointed in myself for not having been able to get out and play live more often, so I would really like to change that this year!

Any help or info would be appreciated!

to be fair mate ive played on online radio shows, pirate radio shows, done live streams etc

Its not about mixes being seen by the right people, more about talking to the right people and asking for sets, that's got me playing out more than anything else tbh, going raves every weekend, chatting shit to loads of random people and getting to know the right people is my advice, even if they say no at least they know your looking for sets and will keep you in mind for future

Networking is more important. If you can mix great. That's just like filling a job requirement. But, in order to get gigs, you have to find the important players. Meaning, other DJ's who play the same type of music, who do get booked. And find the promoters who throw events. Or, the people who own the clubs. You can find them on Facebook or Twitter.

Show up to one of their events with a business card or do it old school like back in the day, with a CD with your info on it. Introduce yourself humbly, and say, hey I'm an up and coming DJ looking for work.

I got real lucky to make friends with a promoter. We just happened to both dig the same music.

Remember artists and musicians will get rejected 99 times out of 100. But, if you really want it you will never quit.

Back
Top Bottom