Stray - Erase / Locked Up - Up now on Critical soundcloud!

Both killer tunes! Been doing some real damage on dancefloors! Big up mr stray!
Think this should b droppin quite soon aswell :)

Hate to say it but, those tunes sound budget. Not impressed at all. Boring and uninspired. Give us more stuff like Timbre please!

Are you mad? Locked up is one of my favorite tunes at the moment by a long way, inspired!

Yeah, the melodic progression on Locked Up is beautiful and the production is anything but 'budget'.
Effortless would be a better summary, expect I'd imagine it was anything but that.

Doesn't do anything for me. Like I said, pretty bland compared to his other productions. I have faith in the guy, just not fussed on this release.

Sometimes I can't help but feel that people see a dj/label name next to a release and are like "oh wow that's by [insert label/dj here]", it must be good!

Apologies if you felt like that last comment was directed at you, that was not my intention as I'm sure it's not the case with you. You know what I mean though, when there's bare hype surrounding certain artists/labels and people just get on it for the sake of jumping on the bandwagon.

Its not that its personal, its just that generally theres hype for a reason. Stray is a serious producer, i'm not saying you're not allowed to not like his tunes but saying that people are only jumping on the release because its hyped up is ridiculous.

Most people respect Critical and buy alot of their releases but its always consistent and Kasra knows what he's doing and signs the right tunes and artists... if anything influencing people to buy something on sight is the sign of fantastic work on both of their parts...

Its not that its personal, its just that generally theres hype for a reason. Stray is a serious producer, i'm not saying you're not allowed to not like his tunes but saying that people are only jumping on the release because its hyped up is ridiculous.

It's really not a ridiculous suggestion. That's exactly what people do. Some people will buy a tune simply because it's the in thing, or because so and so dj is so hot right now. It's not like Stray has got a massive arsenal of releases to boast, he's had one really sick tune and already he's the best thing since sliced bread. The boy needs time to breath and get some tunes out before anyone can say how "serious business" the guy is.

people respect Critical and buy alot of their releases but its always consistent and Kasra knows what he's doing and signs the right tunes and artists... if anything influencing people to buy something on sight is the sign of fantastic work on both of their parts...

I don't think I've missed a critical release in the last year and a half. I have tremendous respect for Kasra's label and how well he's doing. But honestly, no one label is superfluous, and, imho, I don't really see what's so special about this release.

Those fucking jungle'edq breaks on Erase are fucking mental, I love it when the beat kicks in at the end, sounds so big. Usually get a bit pissed off at people going to minimal and losing the plot of it all, but i think he's made a blinder with this one.

Back
Top Bottom