Strange problem with Logic X Crashing

lewis797

Hey guys,

Im working on a project on logic X and for some reason it keeps crashing, the strange thing is its not at an exact point but will always be within the last 4 bars of the song, which is annoying as the song is not finished yet, so this is stopping me from working on it.
This project also has a lot less on it compared to a lot of my other projects that run fine so i can't see it being anything to do with my mac not being able to handle it?
Iv had a search round and can't seem to find a solution, any help would be great!

Thanks

Had something similar happen to me.Kept crashing at about 3-4 minutes after i loaded the project and hit the play button. I had to revert to an earlier save of the project and then had to re apply the audio output options from the logic/preferences/audio/devices path in logic x, back to my sound card(said it was using the sound card but i wasn't getting sound). i also reset all the midi drivers. then i played the track and it ran with no problems. saved it and then tried my latest version of the track and it was back to normal as well. been all good ever since.not sure wtf..... gremlins inside the machine? hope you figure it out.

Apple really need to sort themselves out. I rarely hear people complaining about bugs as much within other daws
Not really true, ive heard heaps of shit from cub 7 and unableton over the years. The reason X had a lot of birth issues was mainly because it a was a completely new app, not just a major update. I've had no issues with logic an a while, only the plugins i use in it.

Lewis if you look at the crash report it should tell you if its logic, or another plugin thats making it crash. If it's logic, try what Phobic said and if that doesnt work, get support from support forum, the guys there will help.

Definitely read the crash report. Look for the last file that was opened prior to the crash, that will reveal the issue source. Crash reports "start" from the bottom up, whereas the very last line is the first process, and the top most is the last. Look at the last few actions at the top of the list.

Logic is not without it's share of issues, but that applies to all DAWs.

In Logic's defense, they have been activel releasing updates/enhancements as promised for both Logic and Logic Remote. It's by no means perfect, but any issues are always being addressed in a timely manner.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the response's, i just went back on to logic and this time just before it crashed ex24 popped up, so i bounced out every channel that had ex24. Works fine now, but still makes so sense to me? but oh well as long as its working now!

Back
Top Bottom