Stranded......

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by TooEZ, Oct 8, 2004.

1. TooEZ

TooEZ Gibber Jabber

Just started at Loughborough Uni, and have been here a week. It's a good laugh, and I've settled in fine.....but there's a few things making me feel a bit stranded:

1. The music. I have been out to the shittest clubs in the entire world recently, ones that have been playing things like Hanson and the spice girls. They take us out on these Hall trips to these shite holes, and everyone gets so battered and start puking about 10ish. I've had to run away into Nottingham the other night to go to a hip hop night with my mate who goes there to escape it all. Also....there is.....NO DRUM AND BASS....AT ALL....ZILCH. Apart from when the Boom Selecta played Bodyrock in the union at some point. Anyone know any good nights up this way?

2. Smoking. I am the only person in my flat who smokes. You'd have thought that they would have seen the tick in the "Yes I'm a smoker" box, and bunged me in a flat with some other cancerous bastards...but no. Oh well.

3. The Wankers. Arrogant, spoilt public school boys. We have been having a laugh, and the other night, some poncy dickhead accused us of nicking his bottle of vodka. Which we did, cos he's a twat. Now, he's getting the 1st XV University Rugby Team to come down tonight and sort us all out. Yeah right. It's not as if they have the key to our flat, the fucking idiots. What a fucking pillock....fuck off back to Eton you c*nt. There are loads of the fuckers.

Rant over. Can anyone help me, any good nights about without large purple collared wearing pricks in it? :nutkick: :grrrrr:

2. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Well nothing to do with your story, but I'm stuck in Slough awaiting some video's from some media company, sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting to get the videos, upload 'em, then shoot off back home (90+ minute drive).

You would think they have this kind of shit ready before I get here, grrr (n)

Fed up.

3. mesh

mesh Active Member

hope you had a nice cuppa waiting for the rugby wankers
    :moe:

I suggest you buy an extraordinarily large pair of speakers, and play your own dNb

:rslayer:

4. TooEZ

TooEZ Gibber Jabber

I've got the speakers......and the student loan is taking care of the amp. It's time to start a revolution up here....

Additionally, I've found a good night to go to next week in Nottingham....Rahzel live, Goldie, Roni Size, Eksman, Dynamite, and Navigator or someone, then.......in the hip hop, Rodney P, Phi Life Cypher, Klashnekoff and more....bling bling! I was stupid to panic really!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  5. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

i hope it all goes well now youve found life .
    that night looks like a fat line up aspecially PHI LIFE CYPHER them rappers are ill .looks like your room mate are in for a new era

6. Triple M

Triple M Admin

Sounds sucky bro!?

hope tingz are runnin a bit better (y)

7. DJ Lordward

DJ Lordward T.D.P.

Ahhhh im considering goin 2 Loughborough Uni 2 study Quantity Surveyin & Commercial Management. Thanks for letting me know what u think of the uni so far!
    whats it like bein there...cos its a proper campus uni init. what u studying there?
    if i choose Loughborough (it will be next September '05) we gotta blaze the d&b!

at the mo i prefer UWE @ Bristol which has a happening d&b scene (obviously) & the accomodation is in the city (where everything is at) & the uni is 20 mins bus ride away.
    Peace

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  8. TooEZ

TooEZ Gibber Jabber

Things are looking up....that night the other night was fucking tearing! Rahzel smashed it like anything. I have never seen a crowd have such undivided attention to a set before. Total control. His skills were the sickest I have ever seen....but that wasn't the best part of the set. The best part was PROFESSIONALISM. He and JS One had it sorted....they knew exactly what they were doing, and it looked good. It showed up MC Sweetpea, who came on after him for Roni' live set with the FC lot, he just got on stage and started screaming and announcing tracks the Roni wasn't even going to play. What a complete knob. Oh well. Much happier now I've had some top up on the bass lines!!!

9. Serum

Serum Well-Known Member

I had a similar thig when I went to uni.
    I never thought that there were people older than 13 that listened to robbie williams and all that. I went out with my flatmates twice and even with the massive sack of mushrooms I brought from home I still couldn't stand that shit.

Thank god I found some decent people to hang about with pretty soon otherwise I'd have been well miserable. On the first day everyone was going on about how much weed they smoked and all the drugs they took and all the raving they did then every time i asked if they wanted to go to a proper club it was like "not tonight i got a bad leg" or some shit like that and off they'd go to some shitty bar they didn't even like.

10. TooEZ

TooEZ Gibber Jabber

They sound like great fun!!! :piss: