storing music

beknoxx

7/11 7/11
VIP Junglist
how do you all store your tunes? i'm worried im gonna have to move my music to a different place or get a new computer and then I am going to loose all the work that i have put in with the folders and cue points.....any tips?

don't they just stay in your playlists folder in Rekordbox?

I had one computer crash on me over a year ago and when i got the new computer i had to dl recordbox and start the whole process over again. Also say if i dl a song and save it to a folder and then move it into recordbox you can't move the trak out of that folder or else recordbox will not recognize the file anymore.

ah man that sucks - suggest doing it via iTunes - this is what I do? then you can always keep the music in the iTunes section on RB and move them within the software?

ah man that sucks - suggest doing it via iTunes - this is what I do? then you can always keep the music in the iTunes section on RB and move them within the software?

good shout tone...i buy most of my music through itunes but never thought about moving the stuff from other sites into Itunes so it all in one place....u will have to excuse me i am what they call a fucking idiot hahahaha:builder:

all good mate! this is what I do anyway. However it is probably best to buy an external hard drive and keep copies of all your tunes on there. this is something iv been meaning to do for ages. I find iTunes and rekordbox work well together.

yeah I got the external after the last computer died on me. Almost lost all my tunes but was able to salvage the majority of them. I just worry about when this one goes and the thought of putting everything back in folders and marking with cue points in daunting. I only have about 4,000 tunes but it just takes so long to get everything set up the way i have it. Anyway I'm gonna give the itunes thing a shot...cheers.

I HAVE VINYLS ALL OVER MY FUCKING ROOM!!!! that is pretty much my storing method haha

Hahaha - this x1000.

On the digi front I have an external hard drive, but similar to Tonay I use iTunes in conjunction with Traktor which works well enough for me.
Truth be told I actually go through and "clean up" a lot of tunes I don't use, or that I am not interested in anymore. Keeps the selection fresh, saves storage space etc but overall very time consuming. Otherwise I would be in the same boat as you with 4000 odd tunes, some that I've bought and quickly forgotten about.

I guess overall this is why I dislike the digital format as the music isn't personal to me anymore.

Floor Vinyl FTW

Keep them on your hard drive so recordbox recognizes them from there instead of your desktop? i've got 2 externals one that i use all the time and one that's just a backup. i don't save cue points but i do find the playlist folders handy. just look after your hd really well maybe :)

yup same here Vinyl & Cds everywhere and play what comes to mind or hand :D i sort of organize by energy level

Back
Top Bottom