STORIES WE SAY -- thx for listening/feedback!

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
hello. this is my week's output (3-4 sessions) ... a bit of a liquid roller.
I want this to be based on mantra-alike vocals, repetition with some variations.
I'm sure about most parts and arrangement but have 3 questions:

1) does the bass sound good enough (too much/little)?
2) how is the mixdown? all well balanced? track clipping?
3) track too long? should I cut short to 4-5min?

btw, this isn't michael buble' ;)
thanks for listening & your feedback!

maschinistom - STORIES WE SAY
https://soundcloud.com/user-25280988/stories-we-say-jan282017-2/s-JQZJp

Last edited:
did some edit, esp. on the bass and lower frequencies, also cut some of the mid-highs and high freq., hope it sound better now.
strangely, no-one seems to like this track ... well, I am lovin this one, esp. the swing of it (16% at 170bpm), flows so well ... :)
any feedback would be cool :D
https://soundcloud.com/user-25280988/stories-we-say-jan302017/s-sb2Rr
maschinistom - STORIES WE SAY edit JAN30

Last edited:
Hey maschinistom! Thanks for the feedback man I'm thinking of buying the Veela soundpack haha :D

There are some great synths and melodies in this one! The short chords at 1.32 together with the vocal and drum give the track a nice flow indeed! And offcourse the vocals are great!

I think the tricky part is the bass, I reeeaallly love the sound of it! you should definitely keep the sound to use in other tracks, but I think it isn't the best option for this track. I'd go for a clean bass sound. But the growl sounds are great for transitions and to give the track a little dirtiness! And maybe layer some other synth together with the pad/melody synths to fill them up a bit :)

Great work so far keep it up :D

hi M&M, thanks for listening and your seasoned feedback for this one .. :2thumbs:
spot on, you are right about the bass (I think you mean the sub), it was the hardest part when making this track.
tried at least 50-60 different basses and then decided to choose those two that play ping pong each 16 bars.

here is the final version .. I turned down ozone to -1.5db headroom, so the occasional clipping in the hats and distortion in the bass should be gone now ...

Back
Top Bottom