STOP THE WAR ON VINYL!!

What do you use?

• Total voters

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
Thought id bang out yet another poll...

Basicly im in the process of designing several t-shirts.... all aimed around the whole "stop the war on vinyl" theme....

What is your usual method of destruction? VINYL? CD? MP3?

The Mutant DJs are completely vinyl... which at the moment seems to be an ever dying trait amongst DJs....

If you dont play vinyl... give us your reasons why not....

If you do play Vinyl... then give us the reasons why.... (you never know i may quote you on one of my t-shirts)

If it aint broke, don't fix it!

I like this one from hospital:

nhsm40yellow.jpg

I used to play vinyl and I have quite a collection of cs's but my main weapon of choice is mp3.
This is mainly becuase vinyl is just to expensive.
When I first started out I spent about £30 on records a month. This was fine but as the addiction took hold it increased. In the end I went to London and spent £120 on one trip. This was when I realised it had to stop:(
Now im mp3 (legal) all the way:) and I can get everything that comes out that I want.
Digital ftw.

I only play vinyl's, but i wouldnt mind checking out mp3's

I have never used a cdj...are they easy to use?

Yes and there really accurate as well.
Personaly I don't think they fit with the dnb style of dj'ing though.
So dvs systems are the way forward imo.

stop making votes rock man!
im all polled out.....

btw i use CDJ's. used to spin vinyl but its just too damn expensive to keep up compared to mp3's. 7 quid a chuck or 70p a track and 30p per blank disk.........

vinyl, but use cd's for 3 deck mixing as i can't fit another deck into my set up.
ideally would like to use 3 decks, 100% vinyl. but it ain't guna happen any time soon.
starting to get sent a few tracks and what not now, so cd's needs to be used too....

vinyl, but use cd's for 3 deck mixing as i can't fit another deck into my set up.
ideally would like to use 3 decks, 100% vinyl. but it ain't guna happen any time soon.
starting to get sent a few tracks and what not now, so cd's needs to be used too....

That is exactly wot i am upto. wouldnt mind a 3rd deck but my wallet says no, 2 decks and a CDJ for me. mostly i like to use vinyl cos i like to have a hard copy of something, instead of a file.

im vinyl all the way. and there's many reasons why i do:

1.) the sound quality is amazing and as its analogue sound it has an amazing warmth and depth to the sound.

2.) i like the use and mixing style of vinyl and like to touch the vinyl when im mixing (sounds sexual cos it is). as well as feel that the medium allows u to be very creative with scratching and beat juggling.

3.) i like having a sense of ownership over my tunes when i pay my hard earned cash on summat, rather than just having a digital file. even a cd is just a collection of files (better quality but still just files) which wont work after some years anyway.

4.) I enjoy collecting, and i take pride in my vinyl collection.

BUT I DONT DESCRIMINATE AGAINST PEOPLE HU PLAY MP3 OR USE SERATO AT ALL.

i just think its a crying shame that people are willing to sacrifice sound quality and skill for ease of use and financial issues (even tho big dj's have records given to them)
I wud personally wud use a cd or mp3 in a set but cudnt live with myself if i played an entire set of mp3's.

HOW CAN ARTISTS REALLY EXPECT PEOPLE TO GO OUT AND BUY THEIR RECORDS WHEN THEY REFUSE TO PLAY THEM THEMSELVES?

and how can people descriminate against vinyl users or junkies like myself? were not the ones selling our musical souls down the river

EmPeeFree's init bruva:chainsaw:

I use mp3s and cds mainly due to cost and to stay out of the dark ages cuz im cool and trendy ;)

Haha nah tbh I think its cuz i started out on pantz decks and vinyl started pissin me off, if i had loads of doe then id be vinyl all the way!

at home i like to use 3 vinyl decks...
but because most venues have 2 decks + 2 cdj's then i make use of all of my resources. smash it down on as many decks that i can handle

im vinyl all the way. and there's many reasons why i do:

1.) the sound quality is amazing and as its analogue sound it has an amazing warmth and depth to the sound.

2.) i like the use and mixing style of vinyl and like to touch the vinyl when im mixing (sounds sexual cos it is). as well as feel that the medium allows u to be very creative with scratching and beat juggling.

3.) i like having a sense of ownership over my tunes when i pay my hard earned cash on summat, rather than just having a digital file. even a cd is just a collection of files (better quality but still just files) which wont work after some years anyway.

4.) I enjoy collecting, and i take pride in my vinyl collection.

BUT I DONT DESCRIMINATE AGAINST PEOPLE HU PLAY MP3 OR USE SERATO AT ALL.

i just think its a crying shame that people are willing to sacrifice sound quality and skill for ease of use and financial issues (even tho big dj's have records given to them)
I wud personally wud use a cd or mp3 in a set but cudnt live with myself if i played an entire set of mp3's.

HOW CAN ARTISTS REALLY EXPECT PEOPLE TO GO OUT AND BUY THEIR RECORDS WHEN THEY REFUSE TO PLAY THEM THEMSELVES?

and how can people descriminate against vinyl users or junkies like myself? were not the ones selling our musical souls down the river

Nice reply same goes for me. I like vinyl i got 2 decks and cd deck but i hardly use it. Defo good to have cd deck though. I would love to have 3 decks but aint got space or money for it.

Back
Top Bottom