STOP THE WAR ON GENRE BASHING!!

Fourthly - "I think its narrow minded to say that jump up is completely shit now. To say that means you are saying all the jump up in the past is shit." - those two sentences contain a logical fallacy. If I say that jump up is shit now, I am not saying that jump up was shit in the past. I have added a chronological qualification to my statement.

Fifthly - most producers stick to their genres. Hazard doesn't produce liquid dnb, Noisia don't produce jump-up etc etc (there are exceptions as always). There a few that either ignore genres and formulas (High Contrast) but most producers work and producer in their rut. If you think otherwise, you're ignoring all the evidence - including the fact that sub-labels with specific signed artists produce in specific styles.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooord to big bird.

First doesn't make sense, second is just wrong and third, they are very useful but just not on the internet. Other two statements are just too complex for me to comprehend.

The first does - "Stop the war on genre bashing" is saying there is a war on genre bashing (i.e. some party opposes genre bashing), so stopping that war would allow genre bashing to continue.

As far as the genre terms go, you are right to some extent. If I'm looking for a liquid track on an online store I'll go for the liquid section. If somebody tells me that Fresh's latest tune is a ecclectic-liquid-dark-folk-wobble-jumpup-techno-crossover number, i'm gonna have no idea what they are talking about. Genre labels do work if they are general enough.

Genre-bashing will never stop as it is human nature to bitch about what we don't like/approve of. Bitching will never end, therefore genre-bashing will never end. Its just life, ya know? WHO CARES!

"Haters wanna hate, Lovers wanna love..." - Dave Chappelle as R.Kelly

I'm not sure what drives my general dislike of jump up more, the music itself or the inane discussion it provokes.

I dont dislike jump up i just dont like the bland jump up that is dead repetitive i dont "hate" jump up at all i dont think any one hates it, i look at it like this djing would be boring if you did a set with one sub genre no variation

I PLAY IT ALL, I LOVE IT ALL. IT HAS SO MANY DIFFERENT QUALITIES ABOUT IT AND IT'S ONE OF THE ONLY TYPES OF MUSIC THAT CAN TAKE OTHER ASPECTS OF ANY OTHER GENRE WHETHER IT BE A HIP HOP, SOUL, ROCK, REGGAE INFLUENCE ETC, IT AND INCORPORATE THEM IN THE TUNES THAT ARE BEING MADE. I FUCKING LOVE IT....NOW EMBRACE.

First doesn't make sense, second is just wrong and third, they are very useful but just not on the internet. Other two statements are just too complex for me to comprehend.
TECHNO TECHNO TECHNO

Chicago house = uk house= hardcore(ArdKore for those that know ;)=(jungle from as early as 1992 because of paul ibiza) = jungle=drum and bass. /thread!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I love all genre's, If your gunna make it as a DJ you can't be narrow minded about any style you play. Just my opinion. Only exeption is trance fuck all those people dancing around on that happy shit, FUCK TRANCE!

i dont bash sub-genre's just tunes individually.
But i like most tunes to be honest..... I dont get why people diss jump up saying its all shit, they must have shocked out to atleast one jump up tune in thier life time.
same for liquid, tech ectttt....

I'm not sure what drives my general dislike of jump up more, the music itself or the inane discussion it provokes.

I'm not sure what drives my general dislike of pendulum more, the music itself or the inane discussion they provokes.

had to be done considering you fancy rob.

im not gunna start bashing them, i love thier old tunes.
end bash/

I'm not sure what drives my general dislike of pendulum more, the music itself or the inane discussion they provokes.

had to be done considering you fancy rob.

im not gunna start bashing them, i love thier old tunes.
end bash/

I think you've got me confused with someone else, I don't own a single Pendulum record......(if thats what you were getting at, your semi-illiterate posts are very confusing sometimes)

Back
Top Bottom