STOP getting angry over bad feedback?

Omen breaks

It has come to my attention, not just on this forum, but on loads that some producers ask for feedback and when constructive critism is given bad or good, they dont like it and start to get mardy :S To these people, firstly, dont just cast out any bad feedback because we are the audience and the audience is always right.
If you want your tunes to be better, you work of the constructive critism given.

Not sure I've seen examples of what you're talking about on this forum. If people can't take critism, they shouldn't be involved with any creative field (ex. music, art, etc.) as it's the foundation for improvement.

Cheers.

Always hard to take criticism, especially when you've put in hours of work and your heart and soul is involved and you think you're "on to somethin good" but you just gotta step back and listen to what's being said and take it on board. 9 times out of 10 it's good advice.

Always hard to take criticism, especially when you've put in hours of work and your heart and soul is involved and you think you're "on to somethin good" but you just gotta step back and listen to what's being said and take it on board. 9 times out of 10 it's good advice.

Absolutely, especially at the beginning it's like fffuuuuuu that's too bloody harsh, then a year later you realise they were actually being rather polite. Feedback on here is usually good natured and helpful.

Haven't seen any here, but back in the graffiti days, oh my god were people mad if you gave any criticism that sounded negative.

Oh how I remember my first track on this forum , feedback was absolutely destructive:
"BAM! 2:04 This ear piercing, ear drum blistering screech that sounds like a poor defenceless kitten being repeatedly beaten with a big rubber truncheon!!!! OUCH!!!!! I actually think my ears are bleeding!"
"HYQXYZ?? pronounced "hikesez" man i think u shud change ur name first nobodys gonna remember that."
"i was enjoying this before the drop (which i thought was a good build up) but then after that its horrible, to me its pretty much just a loud, very annoying noise, repeating over and over. the main synth is so loud and sharp."
Thought those comments were quite harsh at the time, but I wasn't really offended or anything. It's those things that make you want to improve your sound and think about everything you're actually doing wrong. And of course as others said, I listened it again a few weeks ago and damn that was absolutely horrible music.
Conclusion : feedback is the best thing there is for improving your music, accept it.

Oh how I remember my first track on this forum , feedback was absolutely destructive:
"BAM! 2:04 This ear piercing, ear drum blistering screech that sounds like a poor defenceless kitten being repeatedly beaten with a big rubber truncheon!!!! OUCH!!!!! I actually think my ears are bleeding!"
"HYQXYZ?? pronounced "hikesez" man i think u shud change ur name first nobodys gonna remember that."
"i was enjoying this before the drop (which i thought was a good build up) but then after that its horrible, to me its pretty much just a loud, very annoying noise, repeating over and over. the main synth is so loud and sharp."
Thought those comments were quite harsh at the time, but I wasn't really offended or anything. It's those things that make you want to improve your sound and think about everything you're actually doing wrong. And of course as others said, I listened it again a few weeks ago and damn that was absolutely horrible music.
Conclusion : feedback is the best thing there is for improving your music, accept it.

Lol, was that me by any chance? I remember saying something along those lines to someone once!

Haha, it must've been really bad if you still remember that, but yes , it was you ;D

Oh man......what can I say lol.....no hard feelings? ;)

But now you've progressed in leaps and bounds........Dont you feel it wasnt as bad as you 1st thought? When I 1st came here and posted my 1st track, I was ripped apart, and I thought it was way too harsh....But now I realise if it wasnt for that, I wouldnt have pushed myself harder to better myself!

No hard feelings man, not even at the time. I wasn't offended by it back then , it was actually just what I needed. If you start out you mostly won't hear it when you do something wrong, because the fact that you just started producing is the hugest leap one can take. And basically anything you make will sound 100x better than the last thing you made. So you throw it out on the internet and it gets ripped apart , and that is exactly what you need. If you wouldn't have told me that my track sounded like a dying defenseless kitten, than I probably would've never noticed how bad my equalization/sound system was. So all I can say is, hurray for constructive feedback! :D

hehe i remember the name comment.. i made it. and i still agree, its impossible to know how to pronounce that without you explaining it.

I hate it when you post your music, and loads of people (mainly "friends" on facebook) got nothing more to say other than "sick" or "yeh, good stuff".

Come on like, I've just made an EP. You could delve a little deeper than "sick".

I always want feedback. I expect some flaws. That's what I want to know. So I can elevate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom