still strugglin. Liquid track in progress

Not bad mate.. I like the ideas, but some of the automation is a bit off on the synth in one or two spots, and synth sounds a bit throaty if you know what i mean? Are you using Reason? as the main synth sounds very subtractor-ee

drums come through nice and clear good job
think maybe more structure needed to the tune? no intro really - if you see what i mean. also the main lead gets a wee bit repatative after a bit - maybe add more breakdowns/variations
peace.

yeah it gets a bit monotonous, although at 20 seconds when that synth came in i thought you were gonna go all mistabishi on me with some sweet ass melody (he's particularly good with that sort of thing)

i think the main issue is that everything sounds stuck on a beat. dont be afraid to have things come in whenever, as long as they sound good

oh yeah and dont have the bline playing for the whole track lol

the wob is excessive and makes the tune sound cheese. IMO sin/squarewaves sound much better for rollers than saw, which gets very grating if it is isolated in a song like you have. The bassline sounds a lot better in the second half when (it sounds like) you get off the 1-note every bar formula. If you are going to do a tech bassline you need more than sin wobs to make it interesting. play with pitchbending, stutters, etc.still needs an additional mid-tone, whether that is strings/pad/vocals.

Back
Top Bottom