Still in search for that perfect amen break...

BR00TAL BOWSER94

The Old Soul Millennial
Smh I'm too much of a perfectionist...
Anyway, could you guys drop some amen break samples that haven't been rearranged or maybe give some tips on how to get the dynamics to sit right? No matter what I do, I can never get the kick from the second half of the amen break to sound right. What were some tricks used back in the 90s to get a punchy rolling amen break? Anyway, some tips and some un-rearranged mix ready amen break samples (the entire sample with crashkick included would be aweso!e) Im really just trying to get an amen break like in Punnik-the amen breaks. The breaks dynamics in this track are perfect for my style. If you can somehow track down the protracker .mod file for this track I'll be in debt to you forever. Thanks in advance. Big up!

track starts around 25:57

Appreciate this is an old thread and not the file that DOT is looking for but I was interested in the old mod above and went digging. Also haven't seen the op around for a while.

Found it on the Amiga Music Preservation site and I've extracted all the original samples and rendered out the drum channel to a single wav in case you don't have access to a tracker. The original samples are pitched up and low quality, where I have extracted them they are probably reporting a higher resolution than they are. I believe the files were pitched up to reduce the file size in these old mods, could be completely wrong on this of course.

Might be of use to someone.....

http://bit.ly/2zfBQbn

Back
Top Bottom