Sticking on that pesky drop

Mornin' all,

So a track I'm working on at the moment is giving me grief. Normally I'd work from the drop back but this track just flowed out from the intro, it's very Villem/Emperor-esq but no matter what bass I put in the drop it just doesn't compliment the build up. I'm not in the studio at the moment so can't post an example, I will later)

Any ideas?

Safe

Honestly I can only judge if you post an example mate :)
I guessed that may be the case but thought I'd try my luck anyway. I was hoping people may have some go-to tricks when this problem strikes, I don't want to roll out the elements that are in the intro as that feels a bit like cheating with this one, I'll post it asap

Do you have a sound in mind that you're looking to achieve in the main section? Or do you mean that, despite building an intro you're happy with, you don't know where to go from there?

Just stuck on finding an idea that works from that rise, every mid bass I try and lay down just doesn't really sit. I was wondering if people had any ideas like "oh, when this happens to me I try X-Y-Z"

Just stuck on finding an idea that works from that rise, every mid bass I try and lay down just doesn't really sit. I was wondering if people had any ideas like "oh, when this happens to me I try X-Y-Z"

I think there's something about the style of the intro that needs a more (through lack of finding a better way to describe it) uniform bass than a sub layered with a mid bass; by which I mean finding the 'mid bass' sounds you were hoping to incorporate and applying the same processing in the low end to pull them together, then mess around with distortion on the mid/tops if they're still sounding out of place. If you've done any sort of stereo field processing on your pads or synths in the intro, look at using this same stereo space for elements of the bass to make them feel more connected. Sorry if none of this made sense, or if it's not what you were looking for, it's the best I can come up with :\

Last edited:
I think there's something about the style of the intro that needs a more (through lack of finding a better way to describe it) uniform bass than a sub layered with a mid bass; by which I mean finding the 'mid bass' sounds you were hoping to incorporate and applying the same processing in the low end to pull them together, then mess around with distortion on the mid/tops if they're still sounding out of place. If you've done any sort of stereo field processing on your pads or synths in the intro, look at using this same stereo space for elements of the bass to make them feel more connected. Sorry if none of this made sense, or if it's not what you were looking for, it's the best I can come up with :\
That all makes sense, I know what you mean about the bass. I've tried making a more neuro bass pattern but again it got binned. I'll get back in the studio later and have another punt at something more interesting. I think whatever bass I decide to go with I'll have to put little punctuations in the intro so it's not coming out the blue so much.

Filtered kick drum roll, it’s all pretty predictable anyway

flippin heck clod, youre usually pretty ...well, you express yourself with the most... see what im tryinig to say here is that your replies on here usually leaves the reader with the feeling they lost something precious inside, your text, the words you put into sequence make men and women alike forget they have a horse, the horse a fowl, and this is so, it is a grouping that would travel war andf fide in a time of trouble in the faled city of 222222222222 also russia. you normaly kill a part of thos who read your posts, or if not kill, you remind them of their doubt that there is essence, an they have to spend time in uncertainty until something else makes them feel a different sensation.

not this post however, this one is impressive haha, since when do you know about the old dirty kick-in-the-fork.and run trick known as the filtered kick drum roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, how, what just happened

flippin heck clod, youre usually pretty ...well, you express yourself with the most... see what im tryinig to say here is that your replies on here usually leaves the reader with the feeling they lost something precious inside, your text, the words you put into sequence make men and women alike forget they have a horse, the horse a fowl, and this is so, it is a grouping that would travel war andf fide in a time of trouble in the faled city of 222222222222 also russia. you normaly kill a part of thos who read your posts, or if not kill, you remind them of their doubt that there is essence, an they have to spend time in uncertainty until something else makes them feel a different sensation.

not this post however, this one is impressive haha, since when do you know about the old dirty kick-in-the-fork.and run trick known as the filtered kick drum roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, how, what just happened
  • product was purchased from another country.

Most Helpful Articles
Tips for Getting PlayStation Support
Welcome to PlayStation® Support How to Get PlayStation® Help Here are the primary ways you can g...

Upgrade the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
The PS3 system hard disk drive (HDD) is removable and upgradeable. An upgrade can be performed by ...

Is this

Back
Top Bottom