Steven spielburg/Halo the movie!!!!!

Catsel

Well☣Known Dismember
VIP Junglist
heard it was a Peter Jackson directing.. being made in NZ... that was awhile ago now... think the idea has gone sour...

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Every video game movie has been terrible you know right?

resident evil, mario, all those look bad and got worse ratings

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Spielberg is producing the project and they were trying to get Neil Blompkamph(sp) to direct it. I have high hopes for this if the 'berg is working on it.

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
metal gear more like!
altho i wouldnt want them to ruin it with a film
To be fair though, do you not think MGS4 is pretty much a film anyway? Its almost an interactive movie. One of the best games on the PS3 aswell.
I heard the guy who voices Snake is also a script writer. Apparently he's tried writing lots of scripts for an MGS film, but they have all been rejected.

detonate-dj

sexdrugs&rockinthedole
metal gear more like!
altho i wouldnt want them to ruin it with a film
would be unreal a mgs movie lyk, hideo said he wont allow it though...theres loadsa fan made "movie trailers" for it but their pathetic....and hilarious ha ha [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA4cMk1Mx1Q[/youtube]

Fortune^

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
VIP Junglist
To be fair though, do you not think MGS4 is pretty much a film anyway? Its almost an interactive movie. One of the best games on the PS3 aswell.
I heard the guy who voices Snake is also a script writer. Apparently he's tried writing lots of scripts for an MGS film, but they have all been rejected.
David Hayter - wrote the screenplay for X men 2, no joke.

Honestly, I think that a film would ruin the metalgear franchise, as you rightly say it's pretty much like an initeractive dvd movie at the moment anyway.

There have been no decent game to film movies, unless you view them only as satire.