Steve Aoki claims he was never a dj.... pfft we knew that

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by charlie131, Sep 17, 2013.

1. charlie131

charlie131 Well-Known Member

Steve Aoki Shocks EDM Community By Admitting He Is Not An Actual DJ

Fans of US “DJ” Steve Aoki are in a state of shock after it emerged that Mr. Aoki is in fact a performance artist who has been engaged in a finely orchestrated and prolonged performance art piece that has encapsulated every aspect of his life.
    The news emerged after it was revealed that Mr. Aoki has been awarded with a Special Achievement Award from the American Council of Performing Arts (A.C.P.A.) for the project which has taken up almost the entirety of Mr. Aoki’s adult life.
    Speaking for the first time about the revelations, Mr. Aoki, pictured receiving his award from professional egoist, Kanye West, sought to explain the motivation behind the project.
    “I wanted to explore the fickle nature of popular music fads by devising a public and onstage persona that could push the bounds of ridiculous behaviour to an extreme and still manage to get away with it.”
    “For me it’s about trying to be as absurd and laughable as possible without any of the audience being aware of, or being willfully ignorant of, the sheer absurdity of what they’re witnessing. The EDM explosion for me was the perfect vehicle to explore that idea because it seemed like that audience were capable of mindlessly accepting the most crass gimmicks and personalities,” explained Aoki.
    “The show and my life as “DJ” Steve Aoki has evolved over the years, ” he explained. “I’ve had to live every waking moment as this guy without ever breaking character. That’s always been the toughest part, seeing myself become this clown and never being able to say ‘Hey guys, it’s not real’.”
    “I kept adding more and more unnecessary vulgarity to the show, bright flashing lights, topless performances, silly hair, Indian headdresses, trampolines. I kept thinking that at any moment people would realise that this was no longer dance music but that it was an absurdist pantomine and the game would be up. But no-one has ever even suspected.”
    “Even when I started throwing cake into the audience, which I intended as a not-so-subtle reference to the circus that my show had become, the audience just lapped it up. No-one thought to themselves ‘Oh look, he’s started throwing cakes into people’s faces like a fucking clown, surely this can’t be legitimate dance music?’.”

Spokesman for the A.C.P.A., Arnold Trumball, described his admiration for Aoki’s project, “It’s a tour-de-force in method acting. He’s been living as this consciously asinine DJ for the last 15 years without ever breaking character. Can you imagine living every waking moment as the DJ character Steve Aoki? Churning out shit track after shit track. Attending shit gig after shit gig?” questioned Trumball. “Not being able to hold your hands up to even your closest friends and admit ‘my career as a DJ is an absurd joke’. That’s real dedication to your art.”

http://all-starevents.blogspot.pt/2013/09/Steve-Aoki-Shocks-EDM-Community.html

Alert likes this.
  2. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

3. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

that just makes him more of a dick than before.

4. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

HAHAHA what a legend! This is why people who listen to chart music are benders.

5. charlie131

charlie131 Well-Known Member

its a fake artical, like the one of guetta saing he left his self help cd in the cdj and a gig and ran off crying...

but i fucking wish this was true!!!!!!!!! the is a dick

did anyone ever see the video of him throwing a massive cake in the crowd and it hitting a kid in a wheel chair straight in the head

6. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

yeah i knew it couldnt be true when i realized it was... when i wanted to... when i read. it. thats when that thought sort of occured, in my mind, a little. when i read it.
    it really is nicely written, and if you ever heard of satire its orson welles war of the worlds radio show. wonder if it had pew pew sounds in it and everything

7. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

why are people so upset by him? is it his silly sunglasses?

8. logikz

i think its the idea of a dj (djs arent musicians, ergo they dont belong on a stage, not being sarcastic here, i do not see how you can have djs playing arenas, festivals maybe, but not arenas) playing a stage on an arena which used to host U2, metallica, and bryan adams, with club music, this "EDM", does not only make claims on being "dance" but also in some way "alternative", because EDM as an acronym includes noisecore, piano house, and skullstep, "electronic dance music" ffs, so really, somewhere in our minds, it was supposed to be played late night, in an obscure location, to a room full of people in the know, dancing, and focusing on dancing, drinking, snorting and fucking. not bryan adams in broad daylight, with the cdj and macbook and one guy on stage. how the hell did it ever get to that, its hard to understand.

guess cos the music is pop and the whether or not the thing on stage was a musician or not never actually mattered, bryan adams went through all that trouble of learning the guitar for nothing, and music was never about dancing anyway, jump vertically, gyrate and football cheer seems to be what it was originally meant for anyway

9. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

so...what you are saying, is that he's...breaking the rules?!

kinda like...punk......or....rave.....or....*insert wotever genre u like*

:twitch:

10. logikz

no, im not. and ok ill bite. i know im being goaded. but im bored and i have stuff to do, that id rather not do, and do this instead.

it was "exploiting" and "making a mockery of" i was getting at, so, ok, as a reference to punk, and exploting, compare "the exploited" to "good charlotte" and as for rave, guess thats EDM too, but we can do "utah saints" compared to "guetta", yes, there are rules being broken. is that what you meant with "breaking rules"?

- - - Updated - - -

no wait, this is much better, "crazy town" compared to "choking victim". boy oh boy they are breaking some rules, those boys. butterfly.

11. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

compare how, on an artistic or technical level? or based on which is more of a dick? how do we define what makes Aoki a dick? does Dick Level = Popularity^2? i still think its the sunglasses tho

12. logikz

its music so artistical.

and legendary skateboarder "the nuge" fucked a girl on the dancefloor, for her her thinking he was steven aioli, and lets not hate, let a playa play. get in where you fit in fool

- - - Updated - - -

this is what i think of this thread. david should come here and discuss class warfare, that would actually make this thread more better

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  13. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

Satirical blogs like this really are the worst thing ever though; Aoki comes in a close second.

Alert likes this.
  14. Alert

Alert Oblivion Fringe

15. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Who gives a shit?

16. logikz

white people. and yellow. perhaps brown.

herojuana likes this.