STERNS RE-UNION - LINE UP & FULL DETAILS

ash

STERNS_GATEWAY.jpg

sterns_reunions_flywer_conc.GIF

CONFIRMED SO FAR
Dr S Gachet . Phantasy . Simon Bassline Smith . Kenny Ken . DJ Vibes . Top Buzz . Hector C . Druid . Quantum . Richie Fingers . Pigbag . Nebula 11 . Dezert Rat . Mace . EZ Rollers / Hyper On Experience . Colin Dale . Waxman . Matt Handy . Robbie Long . Pete Cousins . Richie Fingers . Colin Dale . Aubrey . Spencer T . Fergus .
MCs Gee, Ronnie Biggs, Mad P.

AWAIITNG CONFIRMATION: Mr C . Terry Francis . Colin Favour . The Rat Pack . Lenny Dee . Baby D . Altern 8 . Ellis Dee . Evil Eddie Richards . Cloud 9 . Rok 1 . Luke Slater . Carl Cox . Jumpin Jack Frost and more.....

Dear Sterns Raver
WWW.STERNSREUNIONS.CO.UK

Welcome to the sternsreunion website. It is fourteen years since the lasts Interdance event took place in February 1994 at Wavenation. The event was to be the second production at Wavenation and named “The Year of the Rat” It was planned to be one of many events to be held at the site but as most of you know Mensa was tragically killed a few days before it took place and it eventually became his Wake.

Most of us have moved on in many different directions and embarked on careers and lives that are light years away from the intense sense of family and unity that once was Sterns-Interdance. Sterns was a special place and the Dance music revolution was a special time and that is why we find ourselves in the situation that we are now in.

THE REUNION

Last year I was visited by an old Sterns friend in my restaurant Marina Jaks who told me to look on a website selling memorabilia of Sterns, Interdance, and Dancefloor Studio.
I was amazed at how much coverage and interest there was and soon afterwards contacted one of the old Interdance employees and discussed the possibility of a reunion. The intended venue was a fort in the Solent but logistics made it too difficult and too exclusive and the idea was put on the back boiler.

Earlier this year I visited Mill Rythe Holiday village on Hayling Island to discuss a food festival planned for 30th-31st August 2008. The new owners told me that they had plans to bring new events to the site and the reunion was born.
Mill Rythe is situated on a fifty-acre site by the sea. It can accommodate over seven hundred people in ensuite as residents and over two thousand people a day as visitors.

Graham Porter founder of the Sterns Reunion Facebook site visited Mill Rythe with me and saw the opportunity to have three major rooms similar to Sterns each holding up to a thousand people. The proposal was posted on Facebook and Jamie 2K the original designer and printer of many of the old flyers produced the sternsreunions.co.uk website.
The response has been phenomenal and has been 99% positive. There have been some negative comments that were inevitable. Interdance employed many people in different capacities and it is not always possible to please everyone all the time. (we are working on it)

THE LINE UP

We wondered how possible it would be to track down as many of the original Sterns DJs. Some had given up and others had evolved into superstars. Again the response was awesome. As soon as the word was out they kept coming and so far we can confirm. Dr S Gachet, Phantasy, Simon Bassline Smitth, Kenny Ken, DJ Vibes, Top Buzz, Hector C, The Druid, Nebula 11, Waxman, Matt Handy, Robbie Long, Pete Cousins, Richie Fingers, Colin Dale, Aubrey, Spencer T, Fergus, Mace, EZ Rollers. D Rat, MC Gee, Ronnie Biggs . We are hoping to include: Mr C, Terry Francis, Colin Favour, The Rat Pack, Lenny Dee, Baby D, Altern 8, Ellis Dee, Evil Eddie Richards, Cloud 9, Rok 1, Luke Slater and many more. We are hoping that some of the guys who have reached superstar status and whose careers did Sterns help will perhaps join us in some capacity and we will keep you informed in the next issue of the Newsletter.

MILL RYTHE

As mentioned earlier we intend to create three rooms that will represent the top, middle and underground floors of Sterns. The Genres of music in each of these rooms will also be based on the original set up and the aim is to play music through the time of the launch to the end of Sterns. In addition to main rooms there is a swimming pool with Jacuzzi, at least one VIP room, and Chill out area. A company that wish to operate some Fun Fair rides and Hover Crafts, subject to approval, has approached us. There will be quality on site catering so during the rest periods you can re-charge the batteries. The event schedule is to start from arrival 3pm on Friday-6am Sat. Rest till midday 12pm-12 Sunday There will be a graveyard room for those not wishing to sleep. On arrival to the site tickets will be swapped for wristbands enabling the security to identify day-weekend guests and those who are resident on the site. We stress that the security are very gentle and well mannered in approach to the guests.
All in all it should be a superb event and we look forward to keeping you informed as it evolves and hope you spread the word to ensure that it is the huge success that we all anticipate.

THE TIME HAS COME THE TIME IS NOW
STERNS-INTERDANCE REUNION @ MILL RYTHE HOLIDAY VILLAGE HAYLING ISLAND
28TH -29TH NOVEMBER 2008 MASSIVE 48 HOUR WEEKENDER
3 ROOMS
ACCOMMODATION FOR OVER 700 PEOPLE
2500 CAPACITY​

Back
Top Bottom