Stereo enchancer/shaper in FL studio

prettyherb

O I
VIP Junglist
Hi!

So i have been using these effects on several elements of my tracks... I can hear what it does, but i dunno if i'm using this correctly.. Are there things you shouldn't adapt it to/ things you really need to use it on?

Help me out please!!

grtz =)

DO NOT make main kick,snare,low end bass in stereo.they should all be in mono. the thing is, if u make most of ur sounds in stereo and it gets played in a club on a mono system it isnt going to sound as great as it did in stereo. Just something to keep in mind :)

the thing is, if u make most of ur sounds in stereo and it gets played in a club on a mono system it isnt going to sound as great as it did in stereo. Just something to keep in mind :)

Ok, the first part, i got that. But how can you know whether it's gonna be a mono system in a club or a stereo system :p?

ive been using a mono-maker setting on my output channel, has a frequency cut off knob so you can make everything under a certain freq mono :)

i tend to use it on main basses and synths that i just wanna fatten up, it does a good job of re creating something only a top of the line reverb plugin would do- its a bit like the dimension expander in massive it just spreads the sound across your 2 channells, so closing your eyes with a pair of headphones on is a good way to visualise what it does when turning it on and off, but in mono sound systems it would fall down - i would never apply it to drums (unless u were automating it to make hats sound like there flying round your head etc.) but yeah i think it works well to give that 'wide' sound you hear on professionally mastered commercial songs u hear on ukf etc.

you could always send the signal two 2 channels as you would with a reece, cut off high, respective low freqs and then put the low channel mono, should be able in every mixer!

Back
Top Bottom