StepZa - orchestral (jump up)

there's something off with the progression of your bassline, the notes are places on weird places which trows me out of beat
I get this feeling to with the snare in the beginning, I think i got the beat, and than suddenly the snare doubles up at a place I don't expect, same with the kick comming in, and than the drop
you got to keep stuff like that simple: every 16 bars should have something different. I got this tip from someone in the beginning, and that was quite helpfull for me
so enter the snares at 16th bar, double them up 8 bars later, at kicks 8 bars later, and 8 bars after the kick, drop.

bassline/snare wise: the snare sounds much better, just make sure it doesn't overpower everything else
bassline wise: I'm not at all familiar with jump-up, but i guess it sounds alright

I agree to Crizis. The drums sound much better already but now it's time to work on your song structuring, which is sort of the fundament of your Jump Up DNB house. I guess you listen to a lot of Jump Up so just recognize how most tracks have pretty much the same build.
16 bars intro, 16 bars 2nd intro section (mostly some drums and new synth elements come in here), then comes the drop, around 40 seconds to 1 minute, depending on how long your intro is. this drop goes for 32 bars mostly, here you should play around with the bass every 8-16 bars to keep the listener interested. then there is another 16-32 bar section to calm down again and then the 2nd drop, outro.
You should come out at about 4 minutes with that at 175-180bpm. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom