Stepchild - Inception

me like!

I was a little bit impatient (expected the beat to drop in earlier), but that's probably just me.
Bass is really great and the continuously automated stuff fits it really well..

Great tune, mate

cheers

me like!

I was a little bit impatient (expected the beat to drop in earlier), but that's probably just me.
Bass is really great and the continuously automated stuff fits it really well..

Great tune, mate

cheers

Thanks for the feedback megagnome! We greatly appreciate it.

I totally get your critique with regards to the beat dropping in earlier, and it's certainly a fair critique. Msmith222 and myself subconsciously tend to make our tracks "DJ friendly" in the sense that we want a lot of "space" in the beginning of the tune for mixing purposes. Of course, this tends to show our age a bit as this was the way of doing things during the vinyl days (R.I.P), and nowadays one could probably just loop a couple spots of the track to mix into it. But I digress.

Thanks again for your feedback megagnome. Big Up!!

I am in love with your guys D&B now. (Large ups)

Should totally submit stuff to UKF and other promo channels, record labels, etc!

Thanks for the feedback megagnome! We greatly appreciate it.

I totally get your critique with regards to the beat dropping in earlier, and it's certainly a fair critique. Msmith222 and myself subconsciously tend to make our tracks "DJ friendly" in the sense that we want a lot of "space" in the beginning of the tune for mixing purposes. Of course, this tends to show our age a bit as this was the way of doing things during the vinyl days (R.I.P), and nowadays one could probably just loop a couple spots of the track to mix into it. But I digress.

Thanks again for your feedback megagnome. Big Up!!
Ha!
You guys playing any show I just moved to Frederick and would not mind trying to see you live. I also dig the track. Fun wobble you got going on.

i can check w/ lost but i'm in denver and looking for dj gigs has recently taken a back seat to learning production. not sure that he is actively pursuing gigs back east.

Last edited:
I like the bass that fades in in the intro fella's......nice work....good automation on the lfo speeds too, keeps it from getting mundane! And those drums are pretty solid!

Ha!
You guys playing any show I just moved to Frederick and would not mind trying to see you live. I also dig the track. Fun wobble you got going on.

Welcome to the neighborhood IV4, and thanks for the compliment on the tune.

As msmith222, I'm not actively pursuing any gigs at the moment. It's not that I don't love the hell out of DJing, it's just that between producing, putting food on the table and raising a son, I don't have the necessary time to go out and whore myself all over the city to promoters for an opening slot for DJ Slapdick McGee. However, that's not to say I wouldn't accept any booking offers...but I digress. In the event I do get booked, I'll definitely let you know. Never say never. :)

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

I like the bass that fades in in the intro fella's......nice work....good automation on the lfo speeds too, keeps it from getting mundane! And those drums are pretty solid!

Thanks a lot Mr Fletch! We greatly value your incite/feedback, so thanks a million for the compliment. We're definitely starting to love aggressive/random automation of synth parameters, it really does turn a mundane sound into something much more exciting & unpredictable. I give msmith222 the credit on that, he really killed the automation on the tune...and added some rather large balls to the drums as well.

Cheers!

Welcome to the neighborhood IV4, and thanks for the compliment on the tune.

As msmith222, I'm not actively pursuing any gigs at the moment. It's not that I don't love the hell out of DJing, it's just that between producing, putting food on the table and raising a son, I don't have the necessary time to go out and whore myself all over the city to promoters for an opening slot for DJ Slapdick McGee. However, that's not to say I wouldn't accept any booking offers...but I digress. In the event I do get booked, I'll definitely let you know. Never say never. :)

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Thanks a lot Mr Fletch! We greatly value your incite/feedback, so thanks a million for the compliment. We're definitely starting to love aggressive/random automation of synth parameters, it really does turn a mundane sound into something much more exciting & unpredictable. I give msmith222 the credit on that, he really killed the automation on the tune...and added some rather large balls to the drums as well.

Cheers!
Cool man! I know how it is I have three kids myself so I know how hard it is trying to squeeze fun into a dad's life.

haha, it kinda sounds like it a bit to me

although i didnt think you guys would use a preset!

Lol, yeah we're not to preset heavy nowadays...especially when the majority of said presets (especially in Massive) tend to blur together quite a bit...especially with Brutal Electro and it's affiliates (I believe I even stumbled across one in a sample pack with presets that the "artist" named Electro Brutal, LMFAO).

We actually created that bass in Predator in an attempt to step out of the Massive box for a bit and to get to know Predator a bit better. Once you start driving those Oscillators hard, the filth just starts piling on (in a good way).

And thanks for the feedback on the tune as well mr meh, we truly appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom