Stealing samples is it right or wrong?

I think this has become a philosophical question. One based on the artist opinion. I used to think that you should only have samples you made your self. From recording the snare, to the processed finished product. I disagree with that now. I think you should do what you have to, to get the right drums. If you use a whole loop from noisia unprocessed go for it. But make sure you give credit where credit is due. If you need to build your own microphone to record the drum loop you played on the drum set you built. Then process that loop with soft ware you programmmed you are bad ass. So I say find your level of comfort and make music. Complexity comes with time. So does making your own drums sound kick ass.
My conclusion is who is right? who is wrong ? who the fuck knows?

TLDR

I wouldnt say it was the right or wrong thing to do. But, when you use full samples and do nothing to them, all the fun is taken away. Much more rewarding making everything from scratch.

personally i think it's fucking stupid to sample other electronic music, particularly sampling samples. when will it end.
With a xzibit yo dawg meme i assume

it isnt really theft,its just gay and noob,there difference between sampling from funk records old as your grandfather and sampling noisia witch are wordl wide cutting edge in procesing perfection,

I would never sample like that,not only its gay it means your your skill less lazy noob,dont sample noisia,work hard and be better than noisia

LMAO! You can't be serious? Whats the difference in where or who they come from? Some of the old funk records sold millions upon millions of copies and are obviously still cutting edge because people are still sampling them but because they aren't Noisia it's ok? I do not see the logic behind your statement. It's not where the sample comes from, it's how you use it!

LMAO! You can't be serious? Whats the difference in where or who they come from? Some of the old funk records sold millions upon millions of copies and are obviously still cutting edge because people are still sampling them but because they aren't Noisia it's ok? I do not see the logic behind your statement. It's not where the sample comes from, it's how you use it!

:word:

Back
Top Bottom