Steak Sauce (FAO: Moskit, Indi and any other forum foodies)

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Olllie, May 17, 2010.

1. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

Bought myself a very nice rib-eye for tommorows dinner and I usually use those packet mixes of the creamy peppercorn variety but feel I need to do this slab of aberdeen angus a bit more justice.

Who can recommend a good recipe for a sauce or accompaniment that I can make from scratch?

2. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

a dollop of man mayo and a dash of butt paste should do the trick!

3. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Take a little slice in your japs, after fucking someones dirty asshole, masturbate. Add the mix into yesterdays vomit. Accompany in a small summers dress with cocktail of your choice. Throw the beef at a midget.

4. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

spunk on it ... but if you really, well and truely wanna do it justice , do nothing, heat pan dry ... leave steak out for 15 mins to get to room temp .. oil the steak not the pan, both sides, season with a little salt and pepper, fry both sides until medium rare, you a spatula, not a fork.. forks piece the meat... lift out pan, and leave to sit for 5 mins, to let the juices re-absorb ... that how you cook steak ,

a decent sauce tho ....

bout 100ml double cream,
    100ml chicken stock,
    2-3 tbsp of brandy,
    2-3 tbsp of red wine,
    salt & black pepper, freshly milled/crushed ...
    button mushrooms sliced,
    garlic clove, minced ,
    1/2 - 1 onoin thnly sliced ..

basically cook your steak, and in the sauce thats left in the pan , throw in your onion , garlic, and shrooms ..then deglaze the pan with the wine and brandy, meaning chuck it in , and create a sauce with all the juices, simmer till it thinken a little, and then pour in your stock and cream , season with salt and pepper, allow to thicken by leaving it simmering...

this is a tasty as hell sauce, trust .. but your better off eating the steak on its own, and cooking it properly like i said at the beginning of the post ..

5. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

Sounds like a fine sauce but perhaps you're right about serving it alone (with a bit of black pepper and some homemade chips).

Apologies for not recognising you as a forum foodie

6. PostmanPat

PostmanPat I'll cum in your arse.

go to your local Millhouse/Beefeater with night vision goggles and a Bic biro, the rest is obvious.

7. Scatcat

Scatcat It don't mean shit

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!o_O

8. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

But why the chicken stock if i'm having beef?

9. EWOKS

all it does is provide more liquid , rather than water that will just water down the flavours, chicken will enhance the flavours... chicken stock is pretty flavourless, in the way that it wont cover up any of the other flavours, its pretty neutral like that .. alot of recipes call for chick stock , just to bulk up the liquid volume, and not take away any flavours, veg stock is similar... other stocks are too stong and will cover certain tastes, such as the brandy

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

you could even leave out the stock, add more wine and brandy, maybe some Dijon Mustard .. i dunno, search brandy cream steak sauce, you will find many variations... indi even posted a few sauces in the how to cook properly thread..

10. wo88le

wo88le A Mockery of a Travesty

plain and bloody is the wait to eat steak

11. EWOKS

^^^

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

and that remind me ... flambe the brandy, to burn off the alcohol and harsh flavour

12. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

If its top quality meat, let it do the talking mate, keep it dead simple.

My suggestion:

Crush Garlic, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Rock Salt, Black Peppercorns, Sundried Tomatoes & Fresh Basil in a Pestle & Mortar.

Marinade the steak in it for at least 30 minutes, or until the meat starts to change colour from the Acids in the Lemon/Salt starting to tenderise it.

Griddle the Steak to however you want it, griddle pan is best, but if not pan fry, but sear it on a very high heat either side & finish in the oven, but be careful if you don't want it well done, keep checking it like.

Whilst this is cooking slice Chestnut Mushrooms & Garlic into a pan with butter, brown mushrooms, add a splash of Marsarla Wine or a very small splash of Brandy if you ain't got Marsala, turn the heat down low & add single cream & reduce by 1/2 to thicken.

Serve with a simple salad & boiled new potatoes smashed up with butter, cheese & mustard.

I have now made myself salivate after my average omlette, thanks. :D

13. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

sometimes you do manage not to post up sick twistednes but that is more worrying really cos you can appear to be normal

14. Moskit

Oh sorry.

What I meant to say was:

[​IMG]

15. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

I would very much like to see fellow memebrs of Waffle etc joing up for a good old piss up and a laugh .Preferably round a campfire rather than in a noisy club...that can be done anytime.
    Moskit old fella, you are amongst them.you would be a funny fucker.I bet you are exactly like how you type

16. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

This sounds delicious and apart from Sundried Tomatoes i've got most the ingredients.

And cheers for posting that Indi, so much info here that this thread's getting bookmarked for quick reference on future steak nights

17. BoudiCat

BoudiCat SERIAY.

i'm not particularly into saucey steak. I like mustard. Either dijon, french or wholegrain.

Like ethix said though, allowing your meat to reach room temp before cooking & then letting it rest after cooking is VERY important.

18. Moskit

Oh shit yeah, Bouds is dead right, rest it for at least as long as you have cooked it...

Top tip that.

:thumbsup:

19. Olllie

Olllie Bom Bom Cloud

Matured aberdeen angus rib-eye steak and a glass of red wine, perfect way to celebrate 1000 posts :rolleyes:

20. d.o.b

d.o.b I've been naughty, I'm banned

Put little bit of cheese and 5-methoxy-dimethyltryptamine on it,trust me it will be much better...