Steak & Chips

JamesZero

aka Zero Beats
VIP Junglist
A good Steak & Chips has got to be one of the best meals going! Medium-rare and with peppercorn sauce is nice. I tend to go for fillet... it's nice and chunky so you can get it grilled on the outside and rare in the middle.

How do you like your's done? (I can't understand people who have well cooked meat!)

and just so this thread isn't completely pointless, who can recommend a wicked steak restaurant in London? I don't mind paying through the nose if it's a really good one.

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
I always have mine medium-rare with chips and loads of fried mushrooms. English mustard is must as well.

Fillet if I'm flush, sirloin if I'm not.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
bearnaise sauce is where its at like two turntables and a microphone, as it were. i just got paid so its steak night every night from here on.

dnb in ya face

Loud and Dirrrty
VIP Junglist
Absolutely epic munch. I used to have it well done, but its a waste if you do. It pisses me off people that stick their nose up to medium rare and havent ever tried it!? Its like mate, your missing out on so much, youwouldnt believe!

Fried mushrooms are a must, and mustard! Gunna have to get a steak tonight I reckon !

Moskit

:rodigan:
VIP Junglist
Sirloin - Jerked, properly for at least 24 hours, served medium with sweet potato mash mixed with garlic, basil, spring onion ends, chives & a strong cheese, rocket & watercress salad with a honey & mustard dressing.

Or

Fillet - Marinaded in sun-dried tomato, lemon juice & garlic, served rare with maderia & blue cheese sauce on a potato, apple & celeriac roshti with garlic & smoked paprika mushrooms on the side.

JamesZero

aka Zero Beats
VIP Junglist
Sirloin - Jerked, properly for at least 24 hours, served medium with sweet potato mash mixed with garlic, basil, spring onion ends, chives & a strong cheese, rocket & watercress salad with a honey & mustard dressing.

Or

Fillet - Marinaded in sun-dried tomato, lemon juice & garlic, served rare with maderia & blue cheese sauce on a potato, apple & celeriac roshti with garlic & smoked paprika mushrooms on the side.
Your over complicating it mate! lol

Thick bit of meat, chunky chips, mushrooms / onion rings / side salad bit of seasoning, either ketchup or pepper corn sauce... wallop!

Moskit

VIP Junglist
Obviously the simple option is just as lush, if not nicer than the extra sexy shit.

But thats whats expected of me, so I couldn't resist.

They call me the Postman, because I always deliver.

:slick:

Fortune^

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
VIP Junglist
Obviously the simple option is just as lush, if not nicer than the extra sexy shit.

But thats whats expected of me, so I couldn't resist.

They call me the Postman, because I always deliver.

:slick:
I thought they call you the Chef because you mainly do liver?

Thin and crispy

VIP Junglist
any steak, rump, sirloin, fillet, t bone, gotta be rare, chunky chips and side salad.... and a runny fried egg. or hold the egg, plenty of mayo! :p - mayo, bloody juice and chips is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fes Rock

Nothing..........
VIP Junglist
if its a good steak shouldnt need all the sauces and spices etc... little salt & pepper, medium well. so caramelized onion, jacket potatao bang

Moskit

VIP Junglist
Anyone like tartare steak?

I have only had it once... made an intersting change but I don't think I would bother with it again.
I had a massive piece of fillet of it in France when I was skiing, on this board with this deep groove round the outside filled with crushed roasted garlic & served with freshly baked french bread and brie.

You sliced the fillet up & it bled, hard, into this groove with the roast garlic in, then you popped it on the warm french bread with a slab of brie & wiped it in the blood & garlic slurry at the side.

Tough to get your head round, but once you take the first bite you can't stop.

Pricey, but fucking awesome.

Also, reggae reggae sauce is for queers & white people.